Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Officer to be based in Warsaw, Poland.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs and host populations both within Ukraine and in the neighbouring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova and wider Europe. Since late February 2022, nearly 4 million Ukrainians and third-country nationals have crossed the border to Poland. As part of its neighboring country response, DRC is establishing an operational presence in Poland to support displaced populations through partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers and other actors.
About the job
As Finance Officer you will form part of the Support Service team of the DRC Poland office. You will perform all tasks related to the wider scope of finance. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist with preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies, and procedures.
- Establish, maintain, and reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into accounting systems.
- Prepare Income statements and balance sheets as needed.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Maintain contract follow up monthly, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Filing, scanning, and sending monthly financial documents to country office.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Ensure sufficient funds available for costs on a monthly basis
- Assist the Finance Specialist in reviewing partners financial reports (subgrants).
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Carry out cash and bank transactions for field offices.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis with the Field coordinator or the project manager.
- Follow up on workers contracts, payments according to attendance, and any other related admin tasks.
- Provide technical support for field finance and administration staff.
- Assist logistics in preparing monthly asset list.
- Support staff in raising travel requests, expense reports & cash advances in MS Dynamics in line with DRC Policy
- Ensuring correct use of accounting distributions, categories and Per Diem rates
- Verify receipts prior to posting & paying expenses.
- Prepare & providing supporting documents for donor-required audits
- With HQ, Supply Chain & HR, ensure compliance with GDPR & Polish Data Protection regulations
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role in Finance. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Adequate educational background, preferable with a background in basic finance management
- Experience working in an ERP system; desirable: Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Strong Word and Excel skills
- Fluent in English and Polish
- Interest and dedication to administrative procedures
- Accuracy and effectiveness in all aspects of work
- Team player
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months (extension depending on funding availability)
Designation of Duty Station: Warsaw, Poland
Start date: 1 July
We offer competitive salary and benefits in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30 June
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.