Contact Centre Assistant
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located.
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
• FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
• All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The position is located in the Shared Services Centre in Budapest, Hungary.
The Contact Centre Assistant performs the full range of client-related support services contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the work unit.
The Contact Centre Assistant reports to the National Professional Officer (SSC) under the overall guidance of the Contact Centre Associate. The incumbent operates independently on routine matters. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Contact Centre Assistant works closely with a wide range of colleagues, with business units and with immediate clients within the Organization, providing procedural guidance and information.
• Assist FAO personnel, transaction initiators and approvers on FAO administrative processes related to Procure to Pay, Finance, Travel and HR transactions in the FAO Global Resource Management System (ORACLE), and advise on FAO rules and procedures;
• Assist users in operating FAO corporate systems (Budget Maintenance Module, Management Information System, iRecruitment, and [email protected]);
• Handle incoming queries through a tracking system and phone within the established Service Level Agreement;
• Manage accesses for FAO Administrative systems;
• Escalate issues and complex queries to higher level if necessary;
• Identify where users encounter problems in processing transactions, identify data discrepancies in the system and escalate;
• Participate in testing system changes;
• Initiate a variety of routine transactions in the FAO Global Resource Management System;
• Draft routine documents and correspondence;
• Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient running of the Office and the overall output of the work unit.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Three years of relevant experience in office/management support work, including human resources, and/or travel and finance.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient - level C) of English.
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. "Commuting distance" means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
Building Effective Relationships
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Very good knowledge of corporate computerized financial/travel/human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
• Work experience in more than one area of work.
• Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of a second FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Good knowledge of FAO's organizational structure.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency