Senior Early Employment Coordinator
Job Summary: Our Economic Empowerment team is seeking a Senior Early Employment Coordinator to coordinate and oversee all facets of IRC Oakland’s early employment programming and provide direct one-on-one economic empowerment counseling to program participants. The Senior Early Employment Coordinator will also work closely with our financial coaching staff to ensure that early employment program participants have access to high-quality one-on-one financial coaching and integrated loan products through IRC’s subsidiary, the Center for Economic Opportunity (CEO).
· Oversee a portfolio of early employment programs serving LEP individuals and families including Alameda County Vocational ESL and Employment grants and the federal Matching Grant program
· Supervise two or more Economic Empowerment Specialists to ensure delivery of high-quality Economic Empowerment services as described above; Ensure that job expectations and performance objectives are clear for all direct reports and follow up on annual performance review and goal planning process
· Develop and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and quality of early employment programs Provide one-on-one counseling and case management to help program participants find and maintain gainful employment and navigate barriers to doing so; follow-up with all clients regularly and record all contact with case notes
· Assist in the outreach and recruitment of program participants; screen and assess interested participants for program eligibility and participation
· Regularly monitor program outcomes and grant deliverables to ensure they are met in accordance with donor and grant requirements; Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files and client data entry
· Build and maintain strong relationships with employer partners; Represent IRC Oakland Early Employment Programs at partner and funder meetings and employer outreach events
· Lead the planning and coordination of special events such as employer engagement events and resume workshops
· Assist Economic Empowerment Manager and development team to design new programming and draft proposals in response to Early Employment-related opportunities
· Other duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
· Position Reports to: Economic Empowerment Program Manager
· Position directly supervises: Employment Specialists
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 2+ years’ experience in the non-profit sector preferred
· Prior experience working with limited-English-proficient and low-income populations preferred
· 2-4 years’ experience with employment counseling, case management, or coaching required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to make presentations
· Proficiency in a relevant language (i.e. Tigrinya, Dari, Farsi, Spanish, Arabic) preferred
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.