Junior Front End Developer
New York City
The Junior Front-end Developer works with the DevOps team to develop the overall look, design, and functionality of web applications across IRC’s enterprise systems. The right candidate has knowledge of web application development and can build user interfaces from wireframes using HTML5, CSS3, and various JS libraries and frameworks. Overall, they support the IRC’s ability to deliver high-quality web content in support of its work and mission!
1. Front-end development of web apps, website templates (Service Now, Interact, Springboard, iRaiser, Rescue Gifts), and other software as a service or content management system templates
2. Develops and maintains IRC's digital initiatives quick start guide intranet site
3. Works in close collaboration with multi-functional teams (Design/Content/Analysts, Developers) to ensure development projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality.
4. Ensures that the design is consistent with organizational brand guidelines where applicable
5. Partners with QA on end-to-end testing
6. Partners with developers in documenting projects and processes
7. Works closely with creative teams to creates tools and features that enhance the User’s Experience on IRC web apps
8. Ensures websites are accessible across IRC supported platforms and browsers
9. Fixes UI issues or bugs that arise
10. Contributes to building out forms and components in the Pattern Library as well as Reusable Components Library
11. Advocate/liaison for Accessibility Development
Relevant experience/Coursework covering web development, Web UIs, CMS
- Experience in evaluating visual design for web development
- Familiarity in web analytics and tracking web important metrics using Google Analytics, GTM, or similar
- Passionate about coding accessible websites using mobile first and responsive design, User Experience (UX), and Web Usability (ADA & WCAG).
- Experience collaborating with UX design and content teams
- Experienced with multilingual display of right-to-left languages and non-English character sets
- Experience auditing front-end architecture
- Agile development methodology
- Version Control – Git
- Familiar with front end design systems – Patternlab
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Web development using HTML5, CSS3, and client-side scripting using any of the following libraries: JQuery, AngularJS, ReactJS, NodeJS.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Pattern-based, mobile-first design experience
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with a CMS a plus
- Has used version control to collaborate with other developers on projects using Git
Minimum: Associates Degree and related coursework in front end development
Preferred: Coursework in Computer/Information Science or equivalent work experience)
Language Skills: None
Licenses or Certifications: None required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).