Regional Agent Operations Manager
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers by 2026 lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro's founder and CEO here. We recently received a prestigious Audacious Prize to accelerate myAgro’s reach in the next 5 years. Join a winning team that is changing the lives of hardworking farmers across West Africa.
About the Role:
myAgro's Village Entrepreneurs (VEs) are at the heart of why our model works. Equipped with a smartphone, mobile applications and scratch cards, VEs accompany farmers on the myAgro journey: marketing myAgro inputs to farmers, helping them select the right package, monitoring farmers' progress toward their layaway goals, and supporting primary services such as agriculture training, delivery and planting follow-up. In 2022, our Village Entrepreneur Network will exceed 2.500 VEs. Our goal is to serve hundreds of thousands more farmers each year by growing a Village Entrepreneur Network that provides first class customer service to farmers. And that's where you come in!
As Regional Agent Operations Manager, you will lead the strategy for building and scaling up myAgro's Village Entrepreneur Network as we rapidly scale our business, ensuring operational excellence. You will manage a diverse team of associates and field staff across Senegal and Mali. You will report to the Head of Sales Operations.
Build a team to manage the VE program
- Manage a team of ~4 associates/managers and 100+ VE agents to oversee 10,000 VEs in the next 5 years
- Measure performance and develop replicable processes & frameworks to predictably increase performance through coaching and quality assurance
- Ensure the administration (contracts, phones, commission payments, payment collections...) has scalable processes and frameworks to support a growing number of VEs
- Design/lead a help desk to support VEs and team
Lead an Entrepreneur Academy
- Design a replicable recruitment strategy to identify and select commited, mostly female, entrepreneurs across rural Mali and Senegal.
- Design an entrepreneur course and the life skills and management skills they need to be successful in life and in selling myAgro products
- Partner with the learning & development team to develop ongoing training programs and quality assurance to support continuous improvement and growth (at myAgro and beyond through partnerships)
Build a network of partners to contribute to positive VE relationships
- Lead VE focus groups at important times of the year to ensure constructive feedback loops to myAgro
- Build a framework for developing and encouraging change champions
- Ensure myAgro has the partnerships to support a growing VE base.
Leadership & strategy
- Create a culture of operational excellence & carefulness on the VE team by implementing processes, frameworks and a pace of work.
- Lead trials or partner with the R&D team to experiment with ways to increase sales through VEs, or to improve our work with VEs to reach our mission.
- You have 5+ years project management experience, achieving operational excellence in everything you do
- You have experience building and scaling talent networks over +1000 people
- You have built and managed diverse teams
- You are all about improving performance
- You know how to work with different teams and can operate in a complex environment
- You are fluent in English and French
- Health insurance
- approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year - varies slightly according to local labor laws
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.