Director of Talent Acquisition
Director of Talent Acquisition
Location: Dakar, Senegal or West Africa preferred; US considered
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers by 2026 lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro's founder and CEO here. We recently received a prestigious Audacious Prize to accelerate myAgro’s reach in the next 5 years. Join a winning team that is changing the lives of hardworking farmers across West Africa.
About the Role:
The Talent Acquisition Director position is an exciting opportunity to join myAgro's growing Talent Management team, working in tandem with the People Operations team, to help build a solid team and great place to work at myAgro. You will lead a team of Talent Acquisition Associates and Sourcing Specialists and help shape our hiring strategy, combining a data-driven approach and a people-first mindset.
You'll report to and partner with the Chief Talent Officer to develop a strategy to engage external recruitment and employer brand partners, and will be an important contact for our teams as it relates to fulfilling their recruiting needs.
- Help build a cohesive global recruiting strategy (processes, recruiting tech stack, brand)
- Guide the sourcing strategy to identify and build a talent pipeline, and make assessments and recommendations on talent in the market
- Ensure all appropriate sourcing strategies are used, including inclusiveness projects and other creative sourcing techniques
- Ensure we attract and engage diverse talent pools
- Drive decisions with Data: use data to make informed decisions, drive efficiency, and communicate challenges and progress to key team members; and analyze pipeline health and conversion metrics to identify trends, and develop predictive analyses to improve our work
Marketing / Branding / Partnerships
- Enhance and implement an external employer branding strategy making myAgro the employer of choice for top talent in each target market
- Oversee our LinkedIn Recruiter strategy - organizational profile optimization, network engagement, job postings
- Establish partnerships with other organizations to source for talent
- Recommend and coordinate local and international recruiting programs and special events to support pipeline development
Team and Project Management
- Use ATS, databases, social media, advertising (radio, community flyer, property banner, etc.), professional networking, and current employee networks and referrals to find talent for open positions
- Create and foster a positive and collaborative working environment by bringing enthusiasm and positivity to your team, every day
- Ensure our hiring practices are inclusive and our interviewers receive appropriate coaching to create a top-class experience where candidates from different backgrounds feel welcomed
- English proficiency, French is a plus
- 5 or more years work experience in Recruiting, with at least 3 years of experience managing and coaching direct reports
- Experience sourcing for multiple positions across different departments and geographies with a scaling organization
- A passion for creating equitable hiring processes and building diverse teams
- Recruiting database knowledge
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- Health insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year - varies slightly according to local labor laws
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- If remote role: Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.