Manager, Talent Management
Title: Manager, Talent Management
Location: Thies or Dakar, Senegal
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in highquality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50- 100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers by 2026 lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro's founder and CEO here. We recently received a prestigious Audacious Prize to accelerate myAgro's reach in the next 5 years. Join a winning team that is changing the lives of hardworking farmers across West Africa.
About the Role:
We are on a journey to modernize our talent approach through new technology and resources that allow myAgro employees to create their own growth. We're on the forefront of supporting our business and developing employees through an internal talent marketplace and just getting started.
The Talent Management Manager will play a key role in driving and supporting the talent agenda and designing and implementing critical career development experiences across myAgro. Given the cross-ecosystem dimension to career development, you will partner with People Operations and other departments across the business in defining, communicating, implementing, and activating the career, succession and development strategy. You will report to the Vice President, Talent Management.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of career development strategies, tools and resources. Propose approaches, ideas and business insight to HR leadership and business unit heads to increase the effectiveness, reach and visibility of career programs and help myAgro respond to career and talent-related opportunities and demands.
- Manage components of the Career Portfolio by prioritising and coordinating the work of others within and across teams; collect and summarise information and use insights to inform decisions.
- Foster internal and external relationships that ensure a strong pipeline of talent into myAgro
- Coordinate with internal and external training providers to ensure the organizational and technical learning interventions for all employees.
- Consult with business unit heads to ensure alignment on the passing of probationary periods for all new starters or where applicable, and provide insight into the development needs of teams and individuals and ensure the facilitation of appropriate programs to support a culture of growth
- Participate in the talent assessment process including assistance with creation of development plans, tracking progress on development plans, monitoring succession plans, and the like
- Work closely with HR Managers/Line Management to identify and or solution talent priorities outside of the talent assessment process
- Work with leaders and external providers to conduct 360 evaluations, assessments, and implement other related talent tools
- Prepare a variety of written reports and presentations, to include dashboards narratives, training or job aids.
- Fluency in English and French
- 5+ years experience working in similar scope (e.g. people management, learning & development, employee engagement, talent retention, succession planning, career development and management)
- Prior experience with online learning platforms (e.g. Udemy, Coursera) for the workplace is helpful.
- Experience collaborating across the organization with HR colleagues and partners.
Salary and Benefits Offered
- Great compensation package, retirement plan contributions
- High-quality health insurance for you and your dependents. Dental and vision insurance. Company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year.
- Annual flight benefit (T&C apply)
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.