Senior Human Resources Associate, Global HQ
New York City
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 27 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the HR team as Senior Human Resources Associate for IRC Headquarters. In this role you will independently lead HR administrative activities in support of staff based around the world and will collaborate with fellow HR team members to improve and streamline HR processes. Bringing a client-service approach, the Senior HR Associate will enhance the overall employee experience and help improve the strategic reporting capabilities for the team. The Senior HR Associate reports to the Human Resources Director, Global HQ and works closely with HQ HR Partners.
Do you have a strong work ethic and experience in human resources? Are you passionate about IRC's mission, making a positive impact and seeing an improvement in peoples work lives? Then join us!
We’ll trust you to provide frontline support including and not limited to:
- Support HR Partners in managing the full employee experience, from on-boarding to exit management, ensuring all processes are performed in a timely, efficient, and client-centered manner
- Act as a first line "go-to" for employee inquiries about IRC policies, resources and programs, independently resolving requests and advancing to HR Partners as needed
- Partner with HR Associate colleagues on all administrative aspects of HR communications and reporting, helping to deliver key data insights for the function
- Participate in special HR and administrative projects, including review and analysis of job descriptions, collecting and organizing survey data, conducting research, partnering to develop and scale the IRC Internship Program and other tasks that may arise in response to emergencies
Your clients and colleagues will depend on you to:
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge and understanding of IRC's HR strategy, policies and programs and be able to advise and resolve issues by applying IRC’s policy to actual employee inquiries and experiences
- Effectively partner with HR functional teams such as Recruitment, HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management and HR Operations to meet client needs
- Provide HR administrative support to HQ employee (clients) including Finance, Global Supply Chain, Ethics & Compliance Unit, Legal, Facilities, Safety & Security, President’s Office, and other departments
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience of 2+ years in an HR support function
- Ability to execute with excellence in a fast paced, global environment, commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task on various initiatives
- A highly motivated, energizing attitude that inspires others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; outstanding capabilities in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Workday and applicant tracking systems a plus
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal and multi-state employment laws
We’d love to see:
- Experience in a large, matrixed organization and/or within a non-profit setting
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients together with a reputation for high personal integrity!
- PHR or PHR/CA certification is a plus
· To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, learning and development opportunities, comprehensive healthcare, and a generous, flexible time off policy so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about
· Flexible office work environment and/or work from home
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.