Systems Software Engineer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of IT Support Specialist at CIMMYT. The position is an opportunity for professionals to acquire experience and skills in standardized IT infrastructure and support model at the regional level, and system administration based on ISO 20000. As such, the candidate will work with a team in solving challenging problems pertaining to modern on-premise and cloud-based IT services.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop, and optimize Web applications.
- Develop Middleware.
- Build REST and GraphQL Services.
- Write unit tests for different components.
Required Academic Qualification, Skills, and Attitude:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- The selected candidate must have working experience of 1-3 year in similar role preferably with Non-Profit Sector.
- The selected candidate must have Knowledge of and skills in applying:
- Fluency in Java.
- Fluency in React.js
- Understand the Advantages of Cross-Platform Applications
- Team Values: Work Ethic, Initiative, Team-player, and Communicates well.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.