Operations Assistant (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC provides essential services to displaced populations in areas such as health, protection and advocacy, education and livelihoods, and institutional capacity building. IRC also seeks to create partnerships between Thai non-governmental organizations, Myanmar community-based organizations, and provincial authorities in order to strengthen community-level interventions that improve access to fundamental health, education, livelihoods, and protection services.
Under the direct supervision of Operations Officer, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for Perform administrative activities associated with Operations Department as assigned and assist the Operations Officer in the implementation of the maintenance of office equipment overall day-to-day office administration to ensure that all services, facilities and utilities are in good condition at all times.
1. Organize the meeting rooms and make sure that all meeting room facilities are properly equipped and maintained (LCD, Board, Flip chart, etc.)
2. Update Tak conference room booking and share with people concerned on weekly basis.
3. Assist Operations officer to arrange accommodation and/or transportation for staff/visitors, when required.
4. Ensure office management by monitoring and maintain the overall office cleanliness, orderliness, office supplies and stationery.
5. Assist Operations Officer to Welcome Visitors, Vendors and Staff
6. Assist Operations Officer to handle MS office monthly utilities and prepare payment of General Office Management such as Copy costs, Copy Machine Rental, Communication costs and security services.
7. Manage the central communication line such as telephone, faxes, parcels or mail to the destination.
8. Maintain and keep tracking office equipment (LCD, Video, Camera, Copy machines) in properly condition.
9. Coordinate with staffs, Administrative Team and related people for any issues of mobile SIM Card.
10. Update the SIM Card report on a monthly basis.
11. Assist Supply Chain in Receiving Goods, checking and distribution, when required.
12. Assisting Operations team in general support, when required.
13. Perform other administrative duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Operations Officer
Technical Oversight/ Support by: Senior Human Resources and Administration Officer
Technical Oversight/ Support to: Programs and Operations Staff
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC operations unit, IRC programs unit
External: Vendors, Hotel and Travel Agencies