Support Services Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Support Services Coordinator to respond to the needs of its program in Italy.
DRC has been operating in Italy since June 2019, first through local civil society actors then with a DRC set-up in 2020. DRC approach in Italy is based on localisation, developing meaningful and efficient partnerships with local actors, mantaining a core structure with limited staff in the country. Through joint implementation, DRC and partners support refugees, asylum seekers and people on the move specifically in the Norther part of the country, through legal aid and integration projects in border areas and urban areas. DRC Italy mantains a strong affiliation to DRC Europe Region and contributes to European programming and partnerships. Specific ties also exist with DRC Greece and DRC Bosnia and Herzegovina offices.
About the job
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist with preparation of the budgets for project proposals.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledgers.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into accounting systems.
- Support HQ colleagues for the vetting/creation of new donors/partners/suppliers in the system.
- Perform the Month End Closure (MEC).
- After receiving the pay slips from the Labour Law Consultant, book the costs into the system.
- Prepare the resource allocation plan and allocate the working hours to projects into the System.
- Prepare Income statements and balance sheets as needed, supporting the Business Consultant in the preparation of the Annual Report.
- Assist with annual audit and project-based audits.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Maintain contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Filing, scanning, and sending monthly financial documents to HQ.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
- Lead the Budget Follow Up monthly meeting.
- Support partners in the preparation of financial reports and draft the final version to be sent to donors.
- Follow up donor instalments and instalments to/from partners.
- Establish and maintain cash/bank controls.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments.
- Prepare monthly/bi-weekly fund requests.
- Prepare request for payment forms.
- Cash Book registry update daily.
- Ensure staff recruitment and contracting process is in line with DRC procedure and the local labor law.
- Send out job offers and process the paperwork for new hires with the Labour Law Consultant.
- Send contract request or draft contract and/or contract extension.
- Monitor and update staff leave balance and job presence (sick, holiday, permits etc).
- Monitor the compliance with safety at work requirements (supported by dedicated external consultants).
- Ensure that all staff personnel records are properly maintained and regularly updated.
- Ensure that DRC internal documents, staff personnel files are filled in correctly.
- Administrative tasks in relation to performance and development processes, new staff onboarding, staff mandatory courses.
- Participate in the monthly Europe HR meeting.
- Support with logistics/procurement tasks including support in obtaining local quotations for supplies, arrangements of deliveries, and local purchases.
- Support with procuring services of individual contactors.
- Oversee all aspects of office maintenance.
- Ensure all utility payments are done on timely basis.
- Support in ensuring meetings are organized and other administrative support as may be required.
- Act as focal point for the external consultants (Labour Law, Business, Safety at work etc).
- Act as Heavy User for all support services in DRC Dynamics (Finance, HR, Expense Management, Grant and Project creation).
- Create new projects and grant in DRC Dynamics.
To be successful in this role we expect you to master all support services tasks regarding Finance, HR, Admin and Logistics. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar - or equivalent professional qualification
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Computer proficiency, particularly in the use of MS Excel
- ERP software experience
- Knowledge of the Italian National Labour Law is a strong advantage
- Experience working within the NGO sector is a strong advantage
- Full professional fluency in English and Italian.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months, with possibility of extension based on funding availability and performance. This is a national position. We can accept international candidates under the condition of having the right to live and work in Italy during the contract period and having full Italian proficiency.
Band: G Lower (step1)
Designation of Duty Station: Turin, Italy. Smart working could be arranged, with frequent travels to duty station.
Start date: October 2022
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for DRC Italy and with Italian labour law; Expected salary is approx. at 2286 EUR gross / month depending on individual assessment of the candidate experience.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact the Country Director, Giulia Spagna at [email protected]
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
The evaluation will be carried out on a rolling basis. DRC might close the interview process sooner if a suitable candidate has been selected.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.