Country Director, DRC
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
About the role
- To lead the team in delivering an impactful programme in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- To set and communicate its vision, ensure the programme is well-resourced and lead in its development and implementation, managing for results and developing a culture of reflection and learning.
- To ensure that staff understand their responsibilities, perform at a high level, manage financial resources efficiently, and champion operational excellence.
- To build relationships with key external stakeholders to represent and position Christian Aid in the country effectively and with local partners to build capacity and ensure excellent delivery.
- To build and maintain solid internal partnerships with teams across Christian Aid in Africa and globally.
- 8-10 years solid field-based experience including managing large and complex multi-partner development programmes and donor-funded projects at a senior level with at least 6 years in a senior management position
- The post holder must hold a minimum of a tertiary degree or equivalent; ideally in a field related to international development and/or a relevant certification in management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning with extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis
- Demonstrated management skills in a complex international setting
- Experience supervising and developing a multi-disciplinary team in a crosscultural setting;
- Knowledge and experience with financial management as demonstrated by ability to:
- Manage a complex budget
- Effectively follow-up on internal and external audit recommendations
- Ensure donor compliance and reporting
- French and English language proficiency
- Experience of working with UN and donor agencies, INGOs in Africa, including local civil society and faith-based partners.
- Good understanding of fundraising strategy and practice
- A strong understanding of the drivers of poverty and its eradication.
- A first-hand understanding of the country within which this post is based
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR.
To apply for this post, click on this link here: Country Director DRC, which should take you to OxfordHR e-recruitment site to submit your application.
Please follow the instructions provided above to submit your application. Kindly note that Christian Aid will not be receiving any applications directly through the CA website.
All candidates will receive an update from OxfordHR regarding their application after the closing date. We advise candidates to add the role email to their safe senders list and regularly check their spam folder.