Operations Support Manager
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Applications reviewed until filled
For your candidacy to be considered you must have this application completed and the linked RFP Form submitted.
Consultancy will be based in Dnipro, Ukraine.
The Operations Support Manager will manage the day-to-day operational support for program activities, including finance and human resources in the Ukraine regional response. Collaborates with the Logistics Manager and Medical Coordinator to ensure effective communication and cooperation between programs and operational support functions.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Expectations for this short-term contract are outlined broadly in this Call for Proposal. This role with Medical Teams is a dynamic one with the context continually changing, thus this position requires flexibility. The broad outline of activities offered below recognizes that details may change in order to address needs identified in the field. Activities enumerated below are to be undertaken in Ukraine/Moldova.
Outcomes likely required for success:
- Supervise all financial activities to ensure all cash management needs, reporting deadlines and internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Oversee hiring of local finance managers or finance officers as needed to support program goals.
- Ensures all funding monitoring reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner,
- Ensure all internal financial controls are in place and that Medical Teams International and donor guidelines are followed
- Manage and track expenditure of assigned budget, ensuring that spending is in accordance with donor requirements and time frames and notifying the relevant field managers of any necessary adjustments.
- Oversee all human resource activities, supporting line managers as required in areas such as recruitment, induction, training, performance management, disciplinary action, and ensures implementation of all Human Resource policies in the field office.
- Supports HR/Admin Officer and Program staff to develop and implement a staff capacity building strategy
- Liaise with HQ HR Business Partner to ensure all national and international legal requirements relating to employment are adhered to, including contracts, statutory deductions, record keeping, etc.
- Ensure compensation policies and practices are administered to support internal equity, market competitiveness and policy adherence for Shire staff.
- Liase with Finance Officer to ensure payroll is administered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Leads the operations team and oversees its functions, resources, and outputs.
- Supervision of Logistics Officer and HR Officer
- Coordinate closely with Medical Coordinator and Field Coordinator to ensure continuous support for program activities
- Develops optimal communication plan to support operations of the head office and field offices.
- Maintains strong working relationships with all other country management team members.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, Communications; Masters preferred. Certification in Logistics & Procurement is beneficial.
- 3 years progressive experience in Logistics, Finance and / or Human Resources management preferably in UN and USG donor funded projects in a field-based role.
- Experience in emergency response context.
- Experience with remote management in transition environments highly desired.
- Experience with International NGOs (US Government and UN agencies preferred).
- Knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out.
- Knowledge of health care, relief & development (preferred)Strong skills in finance and budget management.
- Strong skills in logistics and procurement oversight.
- Strong skills in Human Resource functioning
- Ability to support Medical Teams International Calling
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Solid communication skills, highly articulate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn't load, please see all our current openings at medicalteams.org/career/