Refugee Cash Assistance Eligibility Intern
SCOPE OF WORK: The primary role of the Cuban and Haitian Refugee Cash Assistance Eligibility Intern is to support comprehensive, culturally appropriate client-centered eligibility determinations for program participants, including completing intakes, collecting eligibility documents, liaising with community partners, and assisting to problem solve access issues with clients. This position is also responsible for assisting with administrative tasks including data collection and case file quality assurance.
- Assist walk in clients make initial budgets and fill out Cuban/Haitian registration paperwork.
- Provide an intake and redirect clients to the Department of Economic Security, or other community partners, as appropriate.
- Deliver paperwork to clients and collect appropriate signatures.
- Help clients set up online banking accounts and email addresses, as needed, to activate payments.
- Problem solve access issues with clients and community partners.
- Gain basic case management skills.
- Become comfortable utilizing interpretation services for client contact.
- Gain understanding of local resources and services available for vulnerable populations.
- Become proficient in conducting assessments and developing rapport with clients.