Pharmacy coordinator (F/M) - Nigeria
Médecins du Monde, association médicale militante de solidarité internationale, s'engage depuis plus de 40 ans à soigner les populations les plus vulnérables ici et là-bas, à témoigner des entraves constatées quant à l’accès aux soins, à obtenir des améliorations durables des politiques de santé pour tous.
Association indépendante, nous agissons au-delà du soin en dénonçant les atteintes à la dignité et aux droits humains et en nous battant pour améliorer la situation des populations précaires.
En France comme à l’international dans près de 30 pays, nos actions ont pour but de faciliter l’accès au système de santé en travaillant sur 5 thématiques prioritaires structurant nos combats et nos plaidoyers : urgences et crises, santé sexuelle et reproductive, réduction des risques, migrations, droits et santé et santé-environnement.
MdM is active in North-East Nigeria since 2016. The program is implemented around the main following components: access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender based violence survivors’ treatment and mental health and psychological support.
MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa. The team is composed of around 10 expatriates and 300 national staffs.
For now, MdM is running directly 3 clinics In Maiduguri. In Damboa, a field team has been in place since June 2017 and is running two fixed clinics in two IDP Camps (also for host population). In addition, MdM Damboa medical team is semi-remotely supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health).
Untill recently MdM’s intervention was pretty much emergency oriented, with five MdM runned clinics (3 in Maiduguri, 2 in Damboa) plus an emergency response team (ERT) for rapid response to sudden population displacements and cholera outbreaks. Currently the mission is shifting its logic of intervention towards a Nexus approach: ERT team doesn’t exist anymore and we are slowly shifting from substitution programming (MdM clinics) to the support to State MoH health facilities in a bid to foster sustainability.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and in close collaboration with the HQ health advisor and HQ pharmacy advisor, you are responsible for the overall management of the pharmaceutical, kits and nutrition commodities and material needed for the projects. You manage directly a deputy pharmacy coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are:
Pharmacy & medical stock management
- Ensure the proper stock management of items and the storage conditions in the pharmacy store
- Ensure the proper elaboration and reception of international and national orders and the request and reception of donations
- Ensure the management of expired/damaged drugs/items
- Ensure that field items supply is achieved according to the needs and on time
- Ensure the collection and evaluation of the weekly/monthly drugs/items consumption of the MdM mission
- Manage alert on drugs/items quality and ensure incident report and action accordingly
Technical support and capacity building
- Coach the pharmacists on pharmaceutical management at warehouse
- Train and support medical supervisors and pharmacists on stock management, consumption, drugs order request/receptions, donations from partners and reporting
- Set-up a capacity building plan for the team
- Support the program and logistics departments on pharmacy orders
- Participate on organize drugs protocols training for MdM staff and/or MoH health workers; train and inform on drugs risks/quality prescription with a specific focus on antibiotics resistance
- Organize weekly/monthly work plan for the pharmacy team
- Conduct the performance appraisal of the deputy pharmacist
- Participate on the recruitment process according to the needs
- Provide technical supervision of pharmacists and drug dispensers
Communication & reporting
- Ensure information is shared to field teams when alert on drugs/items quality
- Communicate with partners and participate on regular basis to inter-agency pharmacy meetings
- Coordinate with UNICEF for nutrition commodities together with nutrition technical advisor
- Ensure the centralization of all drugs/item’s information available on the mission and contribute to report
- Contribute to donor reporting by providing relevant data and indicators
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment
- Gross monthly salary: 2 940 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Pharmacist/ Pharmacy Master/Doctor
- 3 years’ experience (ideally with initial field experience and/or pharmacy stock management experience)
- Experience in working with partners
- Experience in emergency humanitarian settings
- Ability to work and live in a volatile security context
- Languages: English is mandatory, knowledge of French would be an asset
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please click on the following link to apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JgtWbQsH?idpartenaire=128