Warehouse Assistant (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Warehouse Assistant as an integral member of the Supply Chain Department holds primary responsibility for inventory, asset, and property and warehouse management. The role holder will be responsible for implementing the IRC inventory policies with regard to all project items including cycle count, reporting discrepancies, pharmaceutical quality assurance as well as cold chain policies where applicable.
1. Materials Receiving and Dispatch
• Assist in receiving and documentation of materials from suppliers and other sources
• Inspect materials during receiving and update required documentation
• Liaise with the Supply Chain Officer to advise Programs of potential inventory shortages and to provide update on stock levels
• Assist in organizing a cold chain system and ensure “keep-cool” items are handled appropriately
• Inspect materials dispatched from the stores and update appropriate dispatch documents
• Handle all Contribution In Kind (CIK) and Closed Grant Inventory
• Support the replenishment of stock items as need arises based on an approved purchase requisition
2. Warehouse Documentation
• Update stock cards, bin cards and inventory system regularly
• Maintain standard warehouse documentation processes such as Delivery Report, Waybills, Store Release, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards.
• Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording (i.e. Warehouse Register) for all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
3. Warehouse Controls
• Fully participate in inventory cycle count for all stocks
• Implement (FIFO, FEFO, LIFO) procedures for goods in the warehouse.
• Ensure good arrangement of storage facilities with appropriate layout, and signs display in strategic locations
• Assign tasks and supervise the working of outsource laborers
4. Warehouse Safety and Security
• Assist in ensuring physical security of the Warehouse by restricting visitors and any other unauthorized persons
• Ensure clear safety procedures
• Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment
• Assist in ensuring that warehouse is regularly fumigated against pest, rats, rodents etc.,
• Maintain and periodically service fire extinguishers
5. General duties
• Support implementation of SOPs on assets and inventory management
• Assist in proper disposal of expired products and medicines according to IRC and MOPH protocol.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain Teams, concerned Health staff, concerned Protection and Empowerment staff, Influx Team, Operations Team, Driver Team