Supply Chain Officer (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
The Supply Chain Officer works to provide supply chain service and ensure IRC and donor compliance in the procurement of goods including warehouse and inventory for IRC. The Supply Chain Officer will liaison with all program staff and Finance Department in Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi site
1. Procurement Planning
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for working closely with Supply Chain Manager, internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective procurement planning and preparation to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes;-
• Preparing and implementing procurement plans
• Implementing all IRC procurement SOPs
• Collecting, organizing, and analyzing data
• Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis.
Responsible for implementing procurement plan & strategies and ensures all program procurement needs are met on time in accordance with GSC and donors’ standards. This includes:-
• Support in development of procurement specifications
• Processing approved Purchase request through the procurement software (online BVA) and ensuring data accuracy.
• Request for quotations / proposals.
• Participate in tender meetings & evaluations.
• Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
• Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
• Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
• Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
3. Contract Management
Responsible for managing contracts and supplier performance to ensure that terms & conditions, standard operating procedures are adhered to as provided by GSC. This includes:
• Preparing and executing contracts for recommended bidders
• Timely renewal of running contracts.
• Execute contracts against set performance indicators
4. Supplier Management
Responsible for managing supplier relationships and performance to ensure that there is precise record keeping as provided by GSC. This includes: -
• Maintain suppliers file and documentation
• Documents supplier performance
• Maintain supplier performance score cards.
• Work closely with warehouse officer to ensure warehouse management of IRC Kanchanaburi site.
• Support Health team and Camp Pharmacy Staffs in compiling drug orders from camp clinics and distribution of drugs supplies in camps.
• Organize procurement of essential drug, supplies, and equipment from the Bangkok distributor.
• Maintain safe storage and temperature control of the drugs and supplies
• Cooperate with Thai MOPH in the distribution of drugs to camp and quality checking.
• Ensure the IRC Pharmacy warehouse is kept clean and drug supplies are alphabetically organized as groups.
• To check the goods arriving at Sangkhaburi office warehouse.
• Responsible for issuing Waybill, Delivery Report and Recording in logbook and circulated copy to each program for reference information.
• Ensure all day-to-day inventory transaction (stock card, bin card, inventory reports and related documents) are updated on a real-time basis with accuracy.
• Control and document the receipt, handling, storage, pick-up (FEFO/FIFO), store release and reporting of inventory to the operation team/Health Coordinator and Medical Manager
• Filing monthly stock record report to include consumption of office and field sites.
• Carry out regular inventory controls.
6. Compliance and Ethics
Assist in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements (including any specific departmental procurement task assigned), Identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes through:-
• Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
• Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• identifying and reporting procurement red flags,
• Implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
The Supply chain Officer is responsible for preparing and submitting accurate: -
• Monthly PRTS report to the Supply Chain Manager by 1st of every month.
• Support with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
• Submit monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
• Submit periodic BVA procurement tracking report for specific Grants you’re assigned to.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Manager, Ratchaburi Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Senior Supply Chain Manager, Field Coordinator Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Program department, Finance Department, HR& Admin
External: Suppliers, Service provider