H2H Finance and Compliance Officer
The H2H Network is seeking to recruit an H2H Compliance and finance officer to enable more efficient and effective humanitarian operations through the provision of specialized services in the humanitarian sector.
The H2H Network, hosted by the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) brings together specialised humanitarian organisations that complement the wider system and enable efficient, impactful and accountable aid during crisis. The network emerged following the World Humanitarian Summit (WHS) in 2016 and was formalised in 2018. It is now a growing network of nearly 60 independent humanitarian organizations with an innovative network fund providing specialised services to support operational agencies responding to humanitarian crises.
The position reports directly to the Finance and Operations Coordinator as a line manager. It is a full-time position and an open ending contract, funding dependent.
The H2H network brings together a range of diverse and impactful humanitarian organisations, and in its first years the has built a vibrant community and innovative fund mechanism. The network now seeks a finance and compliance officer to ensure a high level of service to its members, to act as a bridge between members and the DRC finance team and to make sure that internal processes support the team in delivering against its strategic objective.
As the network enters the next phase of its development, it is looking to consolidate on progress to date and explore new areas where the H2H model can support, strengthen and – where necessary – challenge existing structures and processes to positively impact the humanitarian system’s efforts to aid those affected by disasters and crisis.
Who we’re looking for
H2H is a young initiative and this position requires an appetite for solving problems, for a fast-changing environment and for working closely with cross-functional positions.
Experience & Background:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector, with proven experience in finance, audit or compliance positions, in HQ and/or in the field
- Knowledge of main institutional donors’ compliance rules
- Strong planning and time management skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Agility: adapt to evolving demands of the job and try different approaches before deciding what works best. Proactive in seeking solutions to challenges and demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Good communication skills: ability to work effectively with and coordinate a range of people (both in-person and remotely).
- Working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of the H2H Network and the H2H concept
Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite
We have described the qualities we are seeking in this position, but we recognise that there will be strong candidates who do not meet all the requirements listed here but have other important qualities. Thus, we encourage all interested candidates to apply.
- Members’ due diligence assessment
- Manage the overall process of due diligence assessments of network members
- Recommend level of allowed funding based on due diligence grade
- Make sure the due diligence assessment template follows our donors’ compliance rules
- Fund grants management
- Prepare Fund grant agreements
- Ensure liaison with network members for all grant management communication
- Manage archiving system and organise the shared file system
- Ensure members receiving funds are following both donor and DRC compliance requirements
- Update grants follow up tool
- Update grant agreement with the support of HQ when the fund is onboarding new donors
- Support activations by reviewing and quality-proofing budgets submitted by the members during fund activations
- Validate financial reporting of grantees in collaboration with DRC HQ finance and line manager
- Assist the Finance and operations coordinator in:
- Ensuring thorough and effective budgetary control in H2H
- Preparing the timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and DRC, as required and agreed
- Ensuring all required documentation is ready for financial and/or local audits in cooperation with DRC
- Implementing shared cost tools
- Procurement focal point for the team, working closely with the DRC supply chain management team, ensure that H2H procurement follows guidelines and DRC procurement standards.
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
* (% are indicative)
How to apply
Apply by 14.08.2022 with a cover letter (max 1 page, outlining your interest in working with H2H; why your past experience is relevant for this role in a small entrepreneurial non-profit) and an updated CV (no longer than 2 pages).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications sent by email will not be considered.