Client Responsiveness and Accountability Manager
The Client Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) Manager reports to the MEAL Coordinator and lead Client Responsiveness work (IRC organizational approach to Accountability to Affected Population), support development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), country program level feedback plans, multi-sector satisfaction surveys, training and on-boarding of new and existing staff, budgeting, and staffing approaches for Client Responsiveness. The CRA Manager will be responsible for ensuring that feedback of clients is collected, recorded, and responded to in timely manner through a robust and contextually appropriate system of feedback mechanisms. She/he will be responsible for developing and delivering feedback plans, guidance, and tools to achieve IRC’s strategic ambition of Client-Centered Programing while ensuring strong coordination with colleagues at field and country offices. The CRA Manager will be responsible for providing hands-on support in conducting assessments for designing and selection of feedback channels, prepare and implement proactive and reactive feedback channels plans and ensure that client feedback (overall/as a trend) is considered during the program design, implementation and close-out phases, mid-term and end-line evaluation. She/he will be responsible to ensure that IRC clients are regularly consulted and informed about available feedback channels.
Duties and Responsibilities
Clients Responsiveness and Client Centered Programming
- The CRA Manager will be responsible for supporting the MEAL Coordinator to lead on Client Responsiveness by supporting development/implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and country program level feedback plans including global commitments on accountability to affected population (AAP) and participation revolution, strategic action plan for Uganda Programme and agreed standards
- The CRA manager will ensure the multi-sectoral satisfaction surveys are conducted at agreed intervals, facilitate in-depth analysis at sectoral/field level and ensure Client Satisfaction feedback/actions are implemented
- Provide support to include client perspectives in Country Program Strategic Action Plans (SAP) and SAP – Implementation Plans
- Champion and provide technical support to country teams to institutionalize Client Centered Programming and advance IRC’s strategic priority in this area by training and on-boarding of new and existing staff, support budgeting, and staffing approaches.
- The CRA Manager will take lead to design and develop core processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the feedback, reporting, and complaints mechanism, including designing and selection of feedback channels and Do No Harm in project areas.
- Lead on coordination and liaison with programme and support unit staff to ensure successful implementation and compliance with the client responsiveness and accountability strategy and mechanism
- Ensure robust clients’ feedbacks mechanisms are in-place to encourage the communities to share their feedbacks and concerns.
- Develop context specific clients’ feedback channels plans (proactive and reactive) for projects as well as providing technical support and guidance on implementation of the different clients’ feedback channels plans in all projects.
- Regularly review and update clients’ feedback channels plans with changing context and situation.
- Communicate the trends in feedback to the MEAL Coordinator, DDP, and Technical Coordinators to ensure that the feedback is reported and taken into consideration during the program design, implementation and close out phases.
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the program team, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways which provide the detail that the program team will need to design an appropriate response.
- Work with the MEAL Coordinator and allocate adequate resources for clients’ responsiveness in projects budgets, prepare budget forecasts as part of the overall MEAL budget.
Data Usage for Action
- Ensure Clients feedbacks data and its analysis is available for senior management, while considering the confidentiality and clients’ protection.
- Ensure that programs adopt and comply with Client Responsiveness standards and tools at design, startup, implementation, and close out of projects.
- Facilitate in depth analysis of client satisfaction survey data, feedback sessions and drawing up of Country level action plans.
- Ensure regular flow of Client Responsiveness data from field to country MEAL, analyze and interpret the data to help program management in taking informed decisions.
- Help the programs in assessing the performance at against Client Responsiveness commitments.
- Produce and submit high quality reports on client responsiveness within the agreed timelines clearly demonstrating trends and key lessons learnt.
- Lead documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging practices on Client Responsiveness internally and externally with the wider stakeholder audience.
- Participate in program coordination meeting and progress against activities and budget
Management and Coordination
- Provide oversight of Client Responsiveness activities, team building and the creation of external partnerships
- Facilitate and document regular meetings between partner’s MEAL staff, programme team and other stakeholders to oversee and discuss client responsive indicators progress, client’s feedback.
- Work with MEAL and AAP staff at the field offices as well as managing the hotlines IRC operates
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Client Responsiveness and AAP Officers.