International Consultant (equivalent P3) - Fleet & Transport Management - AMMAN, Jordan
Result of Service
See Duties and ResponsibilitiesWork Location
12 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Policy & Compliance Monitoring Section within CSSD, the Consultant will be responsible for:
1. Drafting new and updated policies, rules and regulations (directives, manuals, SOPs, guidelines, instructions) in the area of Fleet and Transport Management for the Agency, in consultation with internal and external stakeholders and taking into account the specificities of UNRWA’s operations on the ground.
2. Providing in-depth advisory and orientation on best practices in the field of Fleet and Transport Management, and incorporating them into new and updated policies, rules and regulations, specifically but not limited to:
- Vehicles: acquisition and purchasing, technical specifications harmonization, fleet analysis and master data maintenance.
- Drivers: driver registration and authorization to drive, driving licenses library maintenance.
- Trips: car logs, booking systems, optimization of fleet usage and deployment.
- Fuel: fuel management, tracking, compliance, and monitoring.
- Maintenance and spare parts: spare parts library and inventory management, maintenance schedules for routine and exceptional maintenance.
- Accidents: tracking, assessment, and evaluation.
- Other related aspects as advised by the Consultant.
3. Carrying out analytical and statistical analysis on historical data related to Fleet and Transport Management in the Agency aiming at drafting projections and recommendations meant to optimize and enhance the overall Fleet and Transport Management procedures of the Agency.
4. Provide direct assistance and contribution to presentations, accuracy, completeness, and correctness of data available in information systems, platforms and tools used by UNRWA (HQ and field offices) to manage activities related to Fleet and Transport Management.
5. Communicates, facilitates and liaises between HQ and field offices technical teams, for managing the delivery of the project and communicating accordingly. Present the status report of the project to the senior officials of the organization.
The Head of Policy and Compliance Monitoring Section will work closely with the consultant providing constructive feedback and monitoring progress in a continuous fashion and in order to ensure that the Consultant’s duties and responsibilities are performed with due diligence.
Academic Qualifications: Education: Bachelor’s degree is required and/or Master's degree is desirable in the area of Fleet and Transport Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Management or other related fields.
Experience: Work Experience: 4 - 6 years of professional experience in the area of Fleet and Transport Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Management or other related fields. At least 2 years of relevant international experience must be outside the Candidate’s home country (country in which s/he has citizenship or has permanent residence are required).
Language: Languages: Applicants should demonstrate excellent English communication skills, both orally and in writing, including the ability to draft documents in English.
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.
The mandate of the Central Support Services Division (CSSD) is to ensure continued efficient, effective, and high-quality support for substantive programmes in Headquarters and Field Offices in the areas Procurement, Logistics, Fleet and Transport Management, Property and Asset Management, Warehouse Management, General Administration and Travel.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Specialization in Fleet and Transport Management, Property Management and Logistics.
Experience in a professional office environment is an asset.
Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Advanced level of analysis and understanding skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Between 4500 USD and 6500 USD monthly to be defined based on the candidate qualifications and relevant experience.