Intern - Climate Change Adapt & Mitigation (ECCU)
Internship Programme 2022 - UNDP Pakistan
“JOIN A LIFE CHNAGING MISSION”
UNDP Pakistan supports the government, institutions and people of Pakistan to improve livelihoods by providing sustainable energy solutions, maintaining the integrity of ecosystems and building capacities for climate change mitigation and adaptation. UNDP's hallmark approaches are policy reforms, institutional & human capacity building and innovative demonstrations in the field.Within the overall context of the National Climate Change Policy, UNDP Pakistan endeavors to mainstream “climate change” as a priority in the government’s development agenda. UNDP is working towards this goal through the development and implementation of various climate change adaptation and mitigation programmes related to sustainable energy, water management and conservation of ecosystems.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Hiring Manager, the intern will assist the Unit, based on an agreed work plan, tasks and achievements by performing the activities narrated below for the duration of the internship: -
1. Providing support to the program unit in day to day functions related to implementation of work plans and related activities.
2. To assist the programme to explore the potential of blue economy in Pakistan.
3. To assist the unit in identifying opportunities for youth and the green economy sector.
4. Assistance in coordination with relevant stakeholders; internal and external..
5. Preparation of and assistance in organizing different events/workshop’s reports/proceedings and data archiving.
6. Assist in identification, development and update database(s) with in the various components of the assigned unit.
7. Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
8. Any other relevant work assigned by the Supervisor.
- Achieve Result: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships:
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
The candidate must be enrolled in a post graduate programme (master’s or higher) OR enrolled in the final year of a first university degree (such as bachelor’s)”OR have recently graduate with in one year from the date of advertisement OR enrolled in postgraduate professional traineeship programme and undertaking internship as part of the programme. The institution must be recognized by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
Major in Economics or development studies.
- Not required.
- The candidate must be fluent in English and have both written and speaking skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Skills and Requirements:
- Basic understanding of MS Office.