Global Supply Chain Innovation Lead
Kenya | Rwanda
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will contribute to the identification, prioritization, and execution of opportunities core to One Acre Fund's supply chain strategy. You will identify enterprise solutions, develop project plans, structure and lead teams, gain executive team member support, and own project outcomes. Preliminary opportunities include the roll-out of enterprise supply chain management systems, the integration of new technology into our supply chain, implementation of value-adding mechanization in our warehouses, Procurement stores and Point of Sale outlets, identifying lean inventory management best practices, and the creation of tools for enhanced demand and supply planning cadence.
You will report to the Global Supply Chain Director
- Build the vision and roadmap for innovations aligned to each country program and company wide objectives.
- Translate One Acre Fund's strategy into impactful, implementable project opportunities to support procurement, warehousing, omni-channel distribution, logistics, and technology. Prioritize and sequence initiatives by balancing impact, ease of implementation, and risk before implementation through a taskforce.
- Carry out research of the most relevant tech solutions for business. Collect and integrate feedback and improvement ideas of executives and end-users. Analyze and optimize the performance of newly adopted tech solutions.
- Consult to set up new warehouse locations and strategies when needed.
- Support country teams with new warehouse and store strategy for setup including layout, workflow, workstations, storage optimization, inventory management, loading docks for inbound/outbound and shipping process, for receiving, storage, and picking/packing process. Use cross country pilot learnings, pilots and practices.
- Improve productivity of employees within the warehouse and store operation through creative methodologies or solutions.
- Support and own business case development for strategic priority infrastructure and capability investment asks. Develop presentations to communicate the strategy, roadmap, and initiatives to the broader organization.
- Plan and coordinate demonstrations and pilots and document results.
- Develop change management strategy across teams to ensure successful implementation of the project, full adoption and establish success criteria.
- Survey the external marketplace for solutions to help accelerate our strategic vision, generate cost savings, accuracy, efficiencies, reduce damages and embed an experimentation (test/fail/learn/fail) culture into our business.
- Undertake other ad hoc assignments required by the Global Supply Chain Director.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5 years minimum experience in supply chain, merchandising, finance, sales or customer service
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply/Demand Planning or a related field
- Experience in a Consumer Goods environment
- Experience with SAP ERP or related systems
- Experience testing new solutions for complicated business problems
- Experience designing, deploying, and optimizing warehouse automation solutions
- Consensus building and collaborative spirit
- Communicate both orally and in writing, technical and non-technical information to all organization levels.
- Experience leading large process changes
- Experience managing a large team to results
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
- Possess LSS Green Belt certification and pursue/obtain Black Belt certification
- Possess / pursue certification in contemporary improvement tools
- Travel 30 ~ 50 % in multiple warehouse and store locations when needed.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary by role. We are adapting to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your confirming a start date.
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
22 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Once a month, you'll receive a roundup of our latest news and job opportunities.
Help us personalize your experience by telling us a little about yourself.