Senior Procurement Officer (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
The primary objective of the position is to support the Supply Chain function in developing world-class procurement practices to improve program support. It requires the occupant to have a deep understanding of humanitarian supply chains including but not limited to need assessment, sourcing, buying, and expediting procurements
The success of this role requires close collaboration with field staff, country leadership, program teams, and GSC Quality Assurance.
A. Procurement Planning
• Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing, and analyzing market data and financial reports and monitoring Supply Market to ensuring price quotations and Supplier offers are authentic and reasonable.
• Coordinate with concerned program staffs to ensure Procurement Plans are updated and uploaded in Supply Chain Box regularly.
• Coordinate with supply chain field staff to prepare for reception before sending program supplies to the field sites.
• Implement all IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance to IRC and donors procurement policies.
• Work with requesters to develop comprehensive purchase specification.
• Maintain accurate procurement data and records and ensuring on time delivery and procurement reporting.
• Review and process approved Purchase Request in accordance with the IRC and the donors’ guidelines.
• Ensure the completion of delivery and all the required documents for payment including accruals.
• Lead the bidding process, including Request for quotation process, Request for proposal process, Tender evaluation and facilitating procurement committee functioning.
• Conduct national tender process to support the strategic procurement.
• Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
C. Contracting Process
• Prepare, review and utilize Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) to ensure favorable Procurement Terms and Conditions are met.
• Monitor contract implementation to ensure suppliers adherence to contract terms and conditions
D. Supplier Management
• Conduct Supplier performance reviews and feedback process and maintain up to date and accurate supplier performance scorecards
• Ensure the agreement renewal in time
• Maintain suppliers file and documentation
• Conduct procurement due diligence, including ATC check, supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods
• Provide complete documents and ensure the QA and Legal Reviewing process in accordance with the Procurement Threshold.
• Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance with policies & procedures.
• Identifying and reporting procurement red flags
• Support the arrangement of RFP Training to ensure the certified procurement committee and maintain training record
F. Support Team and Field Offices:
• Provide guidance to procurement staffs and support the procurement activities at the fields to ensure effective supply chain support in Thailand
• Facilitate RFP training and maintain training records
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and Supply Chain staff at all levels
(country and regional)
External: Supplier, vendor and implementing partners