Fund Raising Manager, P4, Fixed Term Appointment, New Delhi, South Asia Region (SAR), Post Number 93377
Under the supervision of the Chief, Resource Mobilization & Partnerships (RMP), the incumbent will be responsible for all areas of income generation from the general public, i.e., Individual Giving (IG), including providing strong leadership and strategic guidance to ICO in all areas of private sector fundraising from individual donors, leadership and guidance to the individual fundraising team, developing robust and ambitious income and expenditure budgets (including global investment funds) and clear action plans, strengthening support/operational systems and mechanisms that underpin the delivery of UNICEF's strategic objectives for individual fundraising and facilitating and supporting cross-sectional collaboration between IG fundraising and the Partnerships team (also within the RMP section) and the Communications Advocacy and Programmes (CAP) team in key areas.
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For Every Child, AN ADVOCATE...
Under the supervision of the Chief, Resource Mobilization & Partnerships (RMP), the incumbent will be responsible for all areas of income generation from the general public, i.e., Individual Giving (IG), including:
- Providing strong leadership and strategic guidance to ICO in all areas of private sector fundraising from individual donors (primarily focusing on developing the pool of active monthly giving ‘pledge’ donors).
- Providing leadership and guidance to the individual fundraising team in developing core and technical competencies through recruiting, training, and developing staff skills, capabilities, and capacities.
- Developing robust and ambitious income and expenditure budgets (including global investment funds) and clear action plans to ensure delivery on, or ahead of, target. Also providing useful and timely reporting to management in ICO, Regional Support Centre, and the global fundraising office in Geneva and representing ICO IG activities with these vital internal global partners.
- Strengthening support/operational systems and mechanisms that underpin the delivery of UNICEF's strategic objectives for individual fundraising – for example, maximizing the potential of the Salesforce donor management system.
- Facilitating and supporting cross-sectional collaboration between IG fundraising and the Partnerships team (also within the RMP section) and the Communications Advocacy and Programmes (CAP) team in key areas related to maximizing opportunities, building UNICEF’s brand in India, and to developing advocacy messaging and communications to drive key attitude and behaviour change amongst the public in line with promoting UNICEF's mission and mandate for children.
Key Functions, Accountabilities, And Related Duties/Tasks:
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Fundraising Technical Leadership:
- Lead the long-term strategic planning, development, and implementation of individual fundraising activities within the country in order to optimize fundraising and revenue potential with a key focus on optimizing and developing pledge acquisition channels and improving pledge retention and lifetime value (LTV).
- Develop and constantly revise an annual work plan and budgets for individual donors. Monitor and facilitate the implementation of fundraising strategies and work plans to achieve targets.
- Strategically plan for, secure allocation of, and manage IG investment funds each year.
- Develop, implement, and oversee all individual donor reporting and analysis required in order to strategically grow income.
- Maintain intelligence on the latest developments in the market, including successful techniques being used by commercial and non-profit organizations to acquire customers/ donors and maximize LTV, and the plans and activities of competitors.
- Ensure that new and innovative streams for fundraising from individuals are tested, assessed, and implemented in a systematic and robust way.
- Ensure that all activities protect and promote the UNICEF brand.
- Review and evaluate fundraising performance through robust and timely monitoring and to recommend changes and adjustments to plans as needed.
- Ensure that global PFP policies and guidelines are adhered to and implemented.
- Provide regular reports to the Chief of Resource Mobilization, RSC Bangkok, and PFP Geneva on actuals vs. targets and KPI vs. forecast and targets set for the strategic period and each year's targets and other reports as and when required.
- Keep up to date with PFP individual donor guidelines and best practices to ensure all global best practices and key learnings are utilized where relevant in Indian individual donor fundraising.
- Attend relevant fora, workshops, and meetings both internationally and nationally as required by the Resource Mobilization Chief when relevant for IG fundraising.
- Provide leadership, management, and oversight for the Individual Giving fundraising team (specifically relating to donor recruitment, donor retention, donor/database management and Business Insight) and to ensure the implementation of the strategic plan for individual donors, including in terms of vision, strategic focus, and planning.
- Lead the recruitment, training and capacity development of the individual fundraising team also ensuring that the team remains up-to-speed with new and innovative fundraising modalities and techniques.
- Optimize, review, and evaluate staff performance in the individual fundraising team through robust and timely monitoring (especially the ACHIEVE annual planning and review cycle) and to recommend development opportunities as needed.
Appoint and Manage Partners and Suppliers:
- Oversee and develop professional relationships with suppliers and partners (including but not limited to donor recruitment, donor management and retention, call centers, hiring and managing fundraising consultants, digital marketing, TV production, media buying, design, and content creation) in order to promote excellence in recruiting and retaining donors and ensure that costs and returns on investment are optimized.
- Ensure that UNICEF procurement policies are followed and timescales pre-empted at all times.
- Lead on the development of creative, generating, engaging and inspiring fundraising materials for every channel within the IG remit – including Face-to-Face, DRTV, and digital donor recruitment and donor retention and including written and visual content and including telephone scripts.
- Lead on the development and optimization of donor journeys to maximize donor engagement and drive all metrics related to retention and lifetime value maximization.
- Oversee, with the BI specialist, the optimization of the Salesforce database and donor insight to direct donor communications strategies and plans.
- Ensure that the IG team has access to the right design and creative agencies and consultants and manages each to ensure they are empowered to provide top-quality outputs.
- Champion the UNICEF brand in coordination with Advocacy & Communications section, where individual donor fundraising is involved, to ensure advocacy and messaging are consistent and strategic and that the strategic programme priorities are being communicated to the general public and external partners.
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have…
Education: Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree. Additional professional qualification in fundraising and/or marketing and/or communications an asset.
- Eight years of relevant and progressively responsible professional work experience in managing an individual donor fundraising programme together with a proven track record in driving income growth; equivalent direct marketing experience in a commercial context will be considered as a qualifying experience.
- Significant experience in managing teams to deliver on financial outcomes.
- Experience in commercial direct marketing and in communication an asset.
- Familiarity with various individual fundraising/marketing techniques e.g., direct mail, face-to-face fundraising/sales, telephone fundraising/marketing, digital fundraising /marketing; experience in dealing with suppliers and external agencies.
- Regional or global experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, India is an advantage, as is knowledge of, and experience in, other emerging economies, as well as experience of working in international organizations.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF Core Competencies Skill required for this post are...
- Builds and maintains partnerships (II)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (II)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (II)
- Innovates and embraces changes (II)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (II)
- Thinks and acts strategically (II)
- Works collaboratively with others (II)
- Nurtures leads, and manages people (II)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
- This position is based in New Delhi (India).
- The vacancy is open for Non-Indian Nationals only.
- The selected applicants will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process, including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply. Our workplace policies promote flexible work arrangements to support all staff in maintaining a healthy life balance, both in and out of the office.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: - http://unicef.in