National ICT Consultant
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides support to Member States’ efforts and priorities in meeting their gender equality goals and for building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
In Turkey, in line with its global Strategic Plan 2022-2025 and Country Strategic Note (2022-2025), and the overall UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework for Turkey (UNSDCF) (2021-2025), UN Women works towards the overarching goal of “Women and girls including those at greatest risk of being left behind fully exercise their human rights, enjoy a life free from violence and discrimination, and lead, influence and benefit from sustainable and inclusive socioeconomic development towards the advancement of gender equality in Turkey”. UN Women works in four thematic areas: (i) governance and participation in public life; (ii) women’s economic empowerment; (iii) ending violence against women and girls; and (iv) women, peace and security, humanitarian action and disaster risk reduction.
In line with its coordination mandate, UN Women promotes coordination and coherence across the UN system to enhance accountability and results for gender equality and women’s empowerment, including through joint programmatic and advocacy actions and initiatives, standardized tools and guidance and services to strengthen the relevant capacities of the UN system. UN Women is chairing the Result Group on Women’s Empowerment under the UNSDCF, which convenes 13 UN agencies and is responsible for implementation of targeted outcome on women’s empowerment in the USDCSF and driving forward gender mainstreaming across the Cooperation framework.
UN Women Turkey Country Office would like to bring on board an ICT Consultant to provide substantive support to operations and initiatives, particularly in relation to UN Women’s work on issues related to the normative work of the Country Office under the direct supervision of the UN Women Türkiye Operations Analyst. Consultant will also provide relevant ICT support to respective Programme Specialists and work closely together with the company procured for ICT Support Service when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of Operations Analyst and guidance of the respective Programme Specialists, the consultant will be responsible for supporting on the following tasks:
- Ensure uninterrupted functioning of the CO IT infrastructure and make sure users are able to access all resources without any problem.
- Timely identify possible threats and effectively implement preemptive & remedial actions
- Ensure the internet connectivity is up and ready for UN Women users access to internet
- In coordination with the management, identify opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency
- Ensure all UN Women phones for staff are operating smoothly.
- Support UN Women colleagues with the systems that UN Women using via office 365 and the official platforms and assist in establishing innovative tools and resources to improve internal digital communication
- Implement and maintain corporate UN Women software systems in the Country Office, in close cooperation with the UN Women HQ ICT department.
- Ensure UN Women desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks.
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from the Country Office staff experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
- Identify and fix problems with internet connectivity or access to internet resources (both public and internal UNW resources); communicate with ISP regarding internet-related issues;
- Manage Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure and ensure internet connectivity meets UN Women requirements.
- Identify and fix problems related to IP telephones and new phones, external phone lines and make changes to cloud IP PBX configurations as needed
- Provide hardware diagnostics and regular cleanup of user PCs;
- In coordination with the Management ensure all ICT on-boarding requirements are met for new staff;
- Provide software (OS, office software, antivirus etc.) installation/reinstallation services as needed;
- Provide regular maintenance of office equipment and make sure damaged equipment is delivered to an appropriate service center;
- Provide support with installation and maintenance of office communication systems;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
- Provide advice on the acquisition of ICT equipment and hardware supplies by drafting technical specifications, advising on best options in the local and, if needed, international markets and participating in the review of bids and quotations
- Provide support in IT Audits and update of IT Disaster Recovery Plan for the Country Office
- To be in touch with the UN Women ICT team to follow-up whether the office is full compliance with Information Security and taking of necessary actions if required Provide support in Sub offices remotely as per requirement.
- Perform any other routine ICT related tasks as requested.
Assignment and Payment Schedule
The duration of the contract is for 12 months during the period from 01 September 2022 to 31 August 2023.
The Consultant is expected to invest approximately 21.75 working days per month for this Assignment.
The Consultants shall be paid upon successful completion and acceptance of their timesheet submitted at the end of each month by them. The payment shall be affected only if the timesheets are submitted to the UN Women Operations Analyst on a monthly basis. Without submission of and approval of the timesheet, the Consultants shall not receive any payment even they invest time for this assignment.
The Consultants will be paid in local currency at the end of each month.
No travel requirements are envisioned under this assignment. In case of an unforeseeable travel, the travel arrangements will be handled by UN Women as per the UN Women rules and regulations.
Mandatory courses for this assignment will be around 8 hours. The Consultant shall complete all the mandatory and further required UN courses, training and modules on time. The certificates shall be submitted to the Hiring Manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, accuracy, and quality of the products delivered.
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent knowledge of computer networks, LAN devices (Switch, Wi-Fi, etc.) Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate ICT security (Firewall, IPS, VPN, Electronic Signature etc.) and malware protection systems.
- Excellent PC hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Software, SharePoint services;
- Excellent knowledge of video conferencing Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, etc.) and telecommunication (Satellite phone etc.).
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
UN Women does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced (Masters) degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management, or related field
- A first-level university degree in combination with at least two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted
Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 year of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
- ICT Experience in SharePoint/HTML required
- A+ knowledge (A+ is fixing the hardware and software issues) required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is an asset.
- ICT experience in UN Agency with knowledge of ICT functions, applications, network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities is an asset
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Python, SQL considered is an asset
- Certification in graphics packages considered is an asset
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The following documents should be submitted as part of the application:
- Cover letter to include a brief overview about which of your previous experiences makes you the most suitable candidate for the advertised position.
- CV in English containing the relevant educational and professional experience.
- Signed UN Women Personal History (P11) Form including past experience in similar assignments which can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
When applying; the Cover Letter, CV and the signed P11 Form should be merged into one (1) single PDF document since the system will allow only to upload maximum one document. Therefore, please combine these forms and documents into one (1) single PDF document and upload them to the system.
Should they be short-listed in consideration of the consultancy post, candidates should have the ability to quickly submit degree certificates, medical certifications or any other requested document. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants are responsible to make sure to have provided all the requested application materials before the deadline.