Treasury Services Manager
New York City
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 29 offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees and other immigrants resettle in the U.S. and become self-sufficient. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
The IRC Finance Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to IRC management and programs, by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles, and by ensuring functional financial systems to support the operations.
The Treasury Services Manager supports and reports to the Senior Director of Treasury in the areas of cash, FX and risk management, banking, and Treasury Management System (TMS) roll out.
The Treasury Services Manager works closely with partners in the Payroll, AP, AR, and HQ Accounting units, and will collaborate with representatives from the banks and other third parties., the insurance broker, and the credit card companies.
• Prepare the daily cash position report and update the monthly and annual cash forecast
• Review and consolidate daily Treasury flows and cash forecasts (forecast items to be handle in the TMS)
• Maintain Treasury dashboards for reporting to management
• Execute trades in FX
• Maintain the domestic and international banking accounts database, including the administration of authorized bank signatories
• Assist in the reporting of foreign bank accounts to the US Department of the Treasury, and notification of US citizens among international staff
• Resolve all outstanding check issues and complete annual abandoned property reports
• Involvement to the TMS implementation and roll out in close collaboration with the Kyriba project lead
• Assist the Team in the annual insurance renewal process by compiling the submission information
• Review insurance charges, process and allocate as appropriate
• Manage supplementary lines of coverage
• Run the IRC’s corporate travel, purchasing and prepaid card programs
• Other duties as assigned by the team
Education: Bachelor’s in Finance or other related field.
Work Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in treasury
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Confirmed knowledge of Treasury principles and related experience with similar international structures
• Validated interpersonal skills: process detailed information accurately and efficiently
• Strong analytical skills with critical thinking and problems solving mentality
• Flexible work demeanor: work independently and appetite to meet unexpected demands and learn!
• Shown communication and interpersonal: the ability to interact closely with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment
• Excellent Digital literacy: facility with MS Excel, Word, accounting software, and email/online web-based applications.
• The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location and is and is encouraged to be on-site, with part-time remote working possible!
• Standard office work environment with great facilities!
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation