Advisor II, Supply Chain Learning
Job Title: Advisor II, Supply Chain Learning
Department: Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM)
Sub-Unit: Strategic Technical Assistance and Response (STAR) Team
Supervisor: Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Domestic Telecommuter
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Supply Chain Learning Advisor is responsible for learning support across all supply chain sectors, supply chain systems and process change management, helping staff use supply chain data to inform decision-making, and illuminating promotional pathways for promising operational staff. The role is well-suited for an individual who is process-oriented yet creative, and someone who can take big ideas and make them digestible to others. Skills in collaboration, project ma nagement, and influencing without authority will be required for success.
With the KML Manager, develop, implement, and maintain an organization-wide Supply Chain Learning Strategy, from onboarding up to promotional pathway learning
- Work with KML Manager and Communications Specialist to ensure that new staff (SCM and non-SCM) have a clear onboarding plan to understand supply chain concepts and processes relevant to their role and that the relevant material is easily accessible on SharePoint with measurable KPIs
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of promotional pathways for supply chain staff, as well as learning pathways appropriate for both supply chain and non-supply chain staff
Lead the ERP system (internally called “Insight”) change management and learning, in collaboration with Insight Change Management team, both for new rollouts and ongoing operations.
- Develop learning material and events that meet the needs of new and existing Insight supply chain module users, ensuring that training and materials align with Insight Learning Strategy and lessons learned. Facilitate Insight learning events, including TOTs and webinars.
- Create long-term ERP learning plan that includes new hires, existing staff moving to new roles, and the evolution of standard users into super users and beyond.
- Partner with Supply Chain Business Process Owners (BPOs) and Communications Specialist to develop key messages for important Insight communications
- Work with leads in Project Insight and ERP Supply Chain Regional Implementation Advisors (RIAs) and Regional Technical Advisors (RTAs) to develop strategies for reinforcing user adoption
- Provide ongoing support to RIAs and RTAs who are coaching CPs that have gone live in the system, including helping them understand how policies and procedures apply to the system
- Coordinate with GSCM Systems & Performance (S&P) team to determine if people are using system properly according to best practice, policy and procedures. Provide follow-up advice and training as needed.
With the S&P, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Global Knowledge and Information Management (GKIM) departments, develop learning materials for key performance indicator (KPI) usage for data-based decision making amongst supply chain and supply chain contributors:
- Manage the development and maintenance of the KPI guidance
- Develop and maintain learning programs for supply chain KPI adoption
- Work with Master Data Manager to implement continuous improvement activities for CPs based on data
Provide support to the KML Manager and colleagues on the implementation of GSCM’s KML strategy, including efforts on the following:
- Support the development of job descriptions, interview guides, and development/certification guides as related to the Agency’s Supply Chain Competencies Matrix and system roles and responsibilities.
- Support the running of the global and regional communities of practice.
- Collaborate with members of the KML team to support subject matter expert-led development, curation, and dissemination of resources, guidance, and other materials for CRS staff and partners.
Contribute to updating and implementing the KML strategy as part of the larger GSCM Roadmap and Agency Vision, with a focus on helping to identify and execute targeted learning programs as the global supply chain community and objectives evolve.
Key Working Relationships:
INTERNAL: Supply Chain Managers; Regional Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors; GSCM; Finance; MEAL; HR; Audit; GKIM; Global Risk and Compliance
EXTERNAL: Peers in similar INGOs; KML Consultants and Organizations; Relevant Working Groups
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, Business Administration, International Development, or related discipline required. Master's degree preferred
- Five years of related experience, with at least two years' experience in training or adult learning. Some experience in a developing country context required, preferably at least 3 years.
- Fluency in English required, working ability in French strongly desired.
- Ability to travel overseas for assessments, training, and technical assistance to field programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Working fluency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint) required. Ability to use Power BI or equivalent business intelligence program preferred.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.