Graphic Designer Consultant
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Within the Workplace Culture department, the People and Culture Coordination (PCC) unit works with other stakeholders to develop visual branding for people and culture initiatives, in line with the WFP corporate branding guidelines. The graphic designer will report to the Head of Communications and Engagement in PCC, and in close coordination with the Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Division (CAM), and work across teams to develop creative concepts for communication and outreach campaigns, producing communications materials for print and online media including international marketing campaigns and branding projects.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentations in line with corporate branding guidelines;
- Design, prepare layout or edit existing artwork for a variety of communication materials including infographics, tools, templates, brochures, banners, posters, flyers, charts and reports;
- Follow through the design process for print collateral, displays and signage, liaising with external print shops for final production.
- Create infographics and digital media products (traditional web, social media and mobile graphics);
- Ensure all creative content adheres to WFP visual identity guidelines;
- Create, update and format content on external and internal websites using Drupal; previous use of content management systems an advantage;
- Any other duties as assigned within the Communications Division.
- Visual branding for people and culture initiatives, in line with the WFP corporate branding guidelines (CAM)
- Creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentations in line with corporate branding guidelines
- Artwork for a variety of communication materials
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University degree in one of the following disciplines: graphic design, media and communication, fine arts, or other related field.
An exceptional design portfolio that demonstrates an excellent understanding of design principles, information design, typography, social media, and integrated campaigns.
Excellent knowledge of English is required. Another UN language would be an advantage
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience working as a graphic designer;
Proven experience of graphic production from start to published product including knowledge of printing process and online publishing.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional);
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and Publisher;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Demonstrated clear and mature design style.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Ensures that client is informed in a timely manner if priorities need to change or if the project requires additional time/has delays;
- Good attention to detail;
- Proven and demonstrable experience in analysis of information and capacity to visualize the information;
- Ability to anticipate team work needs, ask questions when needed, and take direction from team members;
- Ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and compellingly;
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work and meeting deadlines;
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
12 August 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.