Project Manager, Global Finance
New York City
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees and other immigrants resettle in the U.S. and become self-sufficient. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
The Project Manager, Global Finance is a meaningful role in IRC’s Global Finance Department, supporting the Finance Director, Strategy & Planning and the Senior Project Manager, Finance to ensure effective management of key departmental and cross-functional projects. The Project Manager, Global Finance will lead on the implementation of specific projects and support the identification, prioritization and design of project priorities within the IRC’s Finance environment.
The Project Manager will work proactively to define project scope, cost, resources, time and other project supporting deliverables on a specific portfolio of projects. Guided by the Sr Project Manager, they will also be responsible for developing and managing existing project documentation, including project schedules, weekly and monthly status reports, presentations, risk logs, action logs, issue logs, etc.
· Partners with the Senior Project Manager in the design and implementation of department projects, personally delivering agreed results on time and with relevant consensus.
· Develops, and continually updates, detailed project/program management plans. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope.
· Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
· Provides budget information to Project Managers. Assists in developing cost estimates and analyzing data.
· Provides work direction to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Identifies project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks for staff availabilities. Updates the project plan with work assignments.
· Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
· Works with both finance business and cross-functional owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements.
· Participates in project team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
· Other activities to support effective project management for the Finance department and as guided by the Sr Project Manager and/or the Director of Strategy & Planning
- 3-6 years’ work experience in positions with increasing responsibility and complexity, including project management, operations or organization-focused roles.
- Experience utilizing traditional and Agile project management practices is required.
- Desirable: Experience working in one or more of the Finance (e.g. FP&A, Controllership, Treasury, etc.) functions and/or experience working in a globally distributed team.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Good project and collaborator management skills, with a proven track record of supporting the delivery of results-oriented, sophisticated and sensitive initiatives.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to execute projects in an accurate, timely manner.
- High digital literacy, including high level of comfort with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Extremely versatile and flexible, with a high degree of comfort changing and refining priorities, and solid track record of working across different time zones, cultures and business practices.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and address nuanced business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Desirable: Formal Project management qualifications
• The position will be located at the IRC’s New York City headquarters and is expected to be on-site at least 3 days per week.
• Standard office work environment.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.