Senior Partnership Officer - Programs
This position will be placed within the IRC Uganda Partnership department which acts as the formal coordination point between IRC departments, including programs, operations, finance, and global headquarters.
Directly supervised by the Finance Manager-Partnership and working closely with the Senior Finance Officer-budgeting and reporting, the position supports donor compliance, partner draft budgets and reports reviews, participate in conducting Partner’s Project Capacity Review (PPCR) and partner capacity support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results (PEERS) system across all areas of sub-award management including the pre-award assessment, partner budget review, contracting tool selection; prepare sub-award agreement packages aligned with specific donor requirements, and facilitate sub-award review through Opportunity Tracking and Implementation System (OTIS) for all partners under the different projects.
- Organize the pre-award due diligence process with respect to all new partnerships, including through appropriate vetting, coordinating the pre-award assessment with other departments, analysis of risks associated with the award, chairing the Pre-Award Assessment (PAA) Panel, and the identification and implementation of appropriate measures to manage those risks, working with other departments as appropriate.
- Lead partner Sub-Grants Opening Meetings to ensure sub-grants agreement terms and conditions are well understood by the sub-grantees; arrange for the initial financial reporting training to the sub-grantees where necessary.
- Work closely with the Partnership team and grants team to prepare and update the partnership tracker.
- Support partner monitoring schedule per Partners Project Capacity Review results and ensure programmatic and compliance monitoring visits happen in coordination with the partnership team and responsible project managers.
- Support in capacity sharing of partners in identified areas as per the partner support plans.
- Work closely with the partnership and grants teams to ensure the timely scheduling and carrying out of sub-award close-out activities in close coordination with IRC internal relevant program staff per PEERS guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for all sub-awards in line with PEERS and IRC Finance policy requirements.
Budgeting and Reporting
- Support the Finance Manager-Partnership to disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (budgets and reports) and other donor related information to the partners.
- Facilitate timely and accurate submission of partner financial reports and fund requests in accordance with PEERS requirements, and coordinate review of financial and programmatic reports with relevant IRC staff.
- Stay up to date with donor compliance guidelines and disseminate to relevant colleagues in the country Programme and partners.
- Ensure that draft reports are shared for review and feedback by Finance Manager-Partnership & Partnership Coordinator prior to submitting the final report to Finance for posting in integra.
- Facilitate timely and accurate submission of partner financial reports to Finance Manager-Partnership for final review of financial and programmatic reports with relevant IRC staff.
Sub Award Management
- Work collaboratively and supportively with partners to develop and finalize budgets and budget amendments, and (in the case of milestone-based partnership agreements) in determining the costing of milestones.
- For cost-reimbursable partnership agreements, work with the Finance Manager to agree with partners the specific documentation required to support each type of cost, adjusting standard requirements to the operating context and the partner.
- Support in sub-award grantee reporting, ensuring that partners use the budgeting and reporting templates provided at the time of signing the Partnership Agreements.
- Assist in the close-out of partnership agreements, including in relation to financial verification and asset confirmation.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Partnership Finance ManagerOther internal contacts: County Director, Finance Controller, Grants team, MEAL Coordinator, Technical Coordinator, regional grants/compliance teams.