Country MEAL Coordinator (m/f/d) – National Position
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asiaand the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International is working in Myanmar since 2001 and currently employs more than 240 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin States. Our work aims at ensuring communities having access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of the work in Yangon, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Country MEAL Coordinator.
As a Country MEAL Coordinator (m/f/d), you will lead and manage the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) of Malteser International’s Myanmar country program. You will provide technical and methodological support to all program teams and partner organizations and ensure the quality and relevance of monitoring and evaluation activities. You will ensure that learning from projects is systematically captured and used throughout the country program.
- Update and support the implementation of an effective and coordinated MEAL framework and system of the Myanmar Country Program in a service-oriented manner
- Quality assurance of the location MEAL plan implementation by providing, for example, monitoring checklists, regular support visits, data validation, and feedback and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work with staff to improve the use of qualitative data collection tools, e.g. P-FIM, FGDs and others
- Identify lessons learned and best practices from previous program/project implementation and evaluations and actively promotes learning through documentation and sharing of lessons learnt by means that promote active learning, i.e. review workshops and similar
- Support countrywide projects and program locations to establish functional and practicable feedback and response mechanisms in line with Malteser International standards and set up pathways for capturing and adequately processing complaints at respective levels (community, location, country office, HQ). Assists locations to analyse and adapt FRM
- Ensure the gender, age and disability inclusion (GADI) is taken into consideration in all project proposals and MEAL-related activities
- University degree in a speciality relevant to the humanitarian and development sector
- At least 8 years of experience in humanitarian- and/or development work and
- At least 3 years of proven experience in designing and implementing MEAL frameworks and systems.
- Demonstrated experience in working in multi-sectoral programs and understanding of a broad range of program quality issues and the practical issues faced by program managers in demonstrating impact
- Proven skills in MS-Word, Excel, KOBO Toolbox, database management as well as statistical packages
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Ability to work independently to a high standard and able to travel
What we offer:
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Yangon, Country Office, Myanmar and frequent visit to its project areas
- Duration of contract: 1 year (extendable) due to donor approval
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 13th Month Salary, Contract End Benefit and Health & Life Insurances
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin. Malteser International conducts background and reference checks. Ethics form part of the Annual Performance Appraisal.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please have a look Here.