Power BI Specialist
Result of Service
• Development and design of Power BI reports
• Creation of technical document repository
3 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all Special Political missions, Agencies, Funds and Programmes of the UN system worldwide.
This position is located in the Bridge Operation Unit, Service & Information Security Management Section, within the Service for Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies at the UNGSC. The incumbent of the position will perform the function remotely. The Incumbent reports to and works under the supervision of the Chief, Bridge Operation Unit.
Within limits of delegated authority, the Power BI Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
• Develop and enhance Power BI reports for the IT monitoring service
• Data processing and update to Power BI
• Configure Data ingestion from different sources
• Create calculated Columns and Measures
• Manage Datasets
• Manage Query Editor and DAX formulas
• Define roles and accesses
• Improve the report design "look and feel"
• Define design methodology
• Create a technical document repository.
Licenses & Certificates: Microsoft Power BI certification is desirable.
Academic Qualifications: High School Diploma or above is required.
Experience: At least 5 years of progressive experience in Power BI report development, design and data ingestion is required.
Data analytics experience is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.