Project Assistant (OSRO/GLO/113/EC Baby01)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The FAO Regional office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP) support member countries in the development of knowledge products, capacity development and implementation of programmes and projects in food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing in developing countries and countries in transition, assisting governments and country stakeholders, main development partners, regional and national institutions with the policy and strategic planning to achieve food security and nutrition, make agriculture, forestry and fisheries more sustainable and productive, reduce rural poverty, make food value chains more efficient and inclusive and promote climate change adaptation and/or mitigation.
The Project Assistant reports directly to the Senior Resilience Officer and works in close collaboration with the Anticipatory Action Lead for Asia and the Pacific.
The Project Assistant performs a wide range of routine administrative and financial functions in support of the delivery of the organizational unit's programme and projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Assistant will:
- Contribute to day-to-day tasks of the FAO programs/projects implemented to ensure achievement of the expected results;
- Process incoming and draft outgoing correspondence, e-mails, reports and other written materials;
- Collect and compile data on programme/ project activities to support reporting on programme/ project delivery;
- Facilitate project operations and administrative services including project scheduling, procurement and contractual processes;
- Carry out all administrative tasks including provision of necessary support for field missions (security clearance, travel authorization, travel expense claim, etc);
- Make arrangements for meetings, seminars and events: implement logistics, prepare correspondence, compile and distribute documents, make administrative arrangements;
Undertake any other relevant tasks in the context of the relevant programme/ project;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree/ University degree/ Technical diploma/ High school diploma
- Four years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- National or Resident of Thailand
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of corporate information systems
- Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Working knowledge of Thai will be considered an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.