Traineeship in NM B2B Web Services Management
- Type of traineeship: Traineeship in NM B2B Web Services Management
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: NMD/TEC/IAS - IT Strategy & Architecture Unit
- Publication date: 29/07/2022
- Closing date: 29/08/2022
Within the Network Management Directorate , the IT Architecture and Strategy Unit designs the IT Solution Strategies and architecture principles. The service addresses areas such as IT policy, Enterprise Architecture, software and application architecture, data and infrastructure architecture at corporate level.
We are a cross-functional team of different profiles where everybody is valued for their input and work. We manage NM B2B Web Services across their entire lifecycle, including planning, designing, as well as documentation and validation activities. In particular, the trainee will join the API Product Engineering team in charge of the onboarding process, supporting our operational stakeholders in identifying the best data consumption strategy and providing technical support during development, validation and operation phases.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
We believe in giving opportunities to young people who are seeking an on-the-job training experience that will enable them to acquire real-life work experience where they can apply and increase the knowledge acquired in the course of their studies.
What you can expect:
- Real-life tasks and responsibilities;
- Perfect chance to apply and improve your knowledge and skills with regular feedback;
- Opportunity to expand your professional network;
- An international environment where everybody is different and appreciated.
MAIN TASKS AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
As part of the API Product Engineering Team, the trainee will be actively involved in supporting our operational stakeholders as they build business-critical applications powered by NM B2B Web Services.
Concretely, this is what you will be doing:
- Support the development of data analytics and visualization solutions using Microsoft PowerBI;
- Assist API consumption data analysis and reporting activities;
- Assist client solutions integration and operational validation support activities;
- Assist in maintaining and improving API documentation and training materials;
- Participate in meetings with both technical and operational stakeholders.
Initial duration of 6 months, extendable to 12 months.
Start date: October 1, 2022
- Completed university studies of 3 years in a relevant domain (Computer Science, ICT, or similar);
- Basic MS PowerBI, SQL, Python skills;
- Excellent MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills, as well as basic MS SharePoint/Teams skills;
- Excellent drafting skills in English (e.g. writing memos, technical documentation, emails);
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.