Programme Associate - Cash Based Transfers (CBT) Operations, SC6, Chisinau, Moldova
Republic of Moldova
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Current opening is based in Chisinau, Moldova. This VA may be used as a roster to fill in similar positions in Moldova.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply to this position. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis gender, ethnicity, religion, political affialiation, or sexual orientation.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, working towards achieving a world with zero hunger. Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country for the next year (September 2022 – August 2023). To support the implementation of the T-ICSP, WFP Moldova is seeking to fill the position of CBT Associate, to provide analytics and contributions to the CBT activities or/and contribute to field operations, following an effective and integrated CBT approach meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries in Moldova.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Contribute to the implementation of CBT Operations in line with the global WFP strategy/functional strategies, policies and plans.
- Contribute to the delivery system set-up of CBT operations including: the setup of digital solutions; the collection of data for the creation and the review of payment lists; the issuance and distribution of payment instruments; the assurance of CBT distributions to the right people, the collection of distribution reports from CP/FSP for reconciliation; project related trainings for staff, CP/FSP and retailers, drafts of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and all other implementing activities as needed.
- Support beneficiaries’ selection, registration and verification processes.
- Actively contribute to improvements in SCOPE standard operating procedures by sharing lessons learnt.
- Provide CBT inputs for all internal and external reports (including Situation Reports (Sit-Reps, donor reports etc.).
- Liaise with SCOPE team and act as focal point to ensure preparation for the use of SCOPE platform, when needed.
- Support distribution and project monitoring activities through field visits, data checks and analysis; prepare performance reports.
- Document operational risks and contribute to risk management during distributions.
- Ensure all CBT data is accurate and timely registered on corporate systems such as COMET, SCOPE, WINGs. Act as a focal point for any query on them.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Experience of in troubleshooting and solving operational issue on CBT ideally in the context on a UN agency or international organizations, is desirable
Knowledge & Skills:
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Type of Contract: SC6
Unit/Division: Programme, CBT.
Duty Station (City, Country): Chisinau, Moldova.
Duration: 12 months.
Application deadline: 12 Aug 2022