We are looking for an experienced Python Developer who can create new algorithms to boost our data processing methods. Thinking with us you can directly use your knowledge to help cities around the world become more resilient, livable and green.
Who we are
As the global pioneer for digital twins of urban forests, we provide very detailed digital copies of each individual tree in a city. With our solution we support the digital transformation of smart cities world-wide. Combining the latest laser scanning technology with the most advanced AI & Machine Learning methods, greehill enables cities to be radically more productive in their daily operations and to improve the well-being of citizens through a greener, healthier, and more resilient urban environment. We currently operate offices in Budapest (HQ, R&D), Berlin, Singapore, San Francisco and Paris.
Scope and challenge
As a result of the cutting-edge data capturing, millions of points are generated where our Machine Learning models are finding trees with its detailed parameters. Our team works with huge amount of data while utilizing state-of-the-art and self-developed models to continuously find a better way to provide wider and wider range of information about trees represented as digital twins.
In this area, the development of data processing is a priority. We are looking for an experienced Python Developer with strong algorithmic skills to propel our data processing activities forward.
This position does not require previous experience in Machine Learning. However, the role will give you a long-term perspective in this area, and we offer the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in this direction.
Your contribution will be
- Implementing new algorithms to support the data processing.
- Providing further enhancement of already existing procedures.
- Contributing to design activities, while searching solutions for new challenges.
- Helping in data engineering tasks to streamline Machine Learning activities.
We need you to have
- At least three years of experience working in Python required.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data processing infrastructures and high-performance computer systems.
- Fluent in Linux/Unix environment.
- Advanced algorithm knowledge.
- Advanced applied data structure knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases.
- Good command of English.
We value if you have
- Expertise in working with Azure.
- Experience with GIS systems.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Knowledge of agile environments.
- Prior experience with Machine Learning, Data Science projects and/or in a related field at a startup.
We are looking for
- Curious, purpose-driven, out-of-the-box thinkers, seeking complex technological challenges.
- High-performing professionals who take ownership and have a can-do & self-starter attitude.
- Experts who strive for excellence and are eager to work hard to become a little better every day.
- Opportunity to develop a product with high impact on the digitization and management of urban forests and on climate change adaptation in cities.
- Cutting-edge tools and technologies to work with, e.g., LiDAR remote sensing, AI- & machine learning, complex micro-services (Kubernetes) based web-applications.
- Opportunity to join a dynamically growing startup team at an early stage with a lot of freedom to grow together with us.
- Possibility to work, learn and grow in an international, open-minded team of passionate (green-) tech experts.
To apply for the job, please submit your resume with relevant previous projects and your salary requirements.