National consultant to conduct school mapping in Ainaro, Manatuto and Covalima municipalities for the School Readiness programme
UNICEF is seeking a consultant to work with the Ministry of Education Youth&Sports (MoEYS) to conduct school assessment and mapping to selected schools (approximately 30 schools in three municipalities of Ainaro, Manatuto, and Covalima) for the expansion of the School Readiness and Accelerated School Readiness programme.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an Education
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of Chief of Education the consultant will work with work the Ministry of Education Youth&Sports (MoEYS) to conduct school assessment and mapping to selected schools (approximately 30 schools in three municipalities of Ainaro, Manatuto, and Covalima) for the expansion of the School Readiness and Accelerated School Readiness programme.
- Initial discussion with UNICEF and MoEYS and review of the assessment template / 1 day
- School mapping in Ainaro municipality / 8 days
- School mapping in Manatuto municipality / 11 days
- School mapping in Covalima municipality / 11 days
Final report on school mapping and recommendations / 5 days
- Revised and agreed assessment template (September 2022)
- School mapping report from Ainaro municipality (September 2022)
- School mapping report from Manatuto municipality (Sep. – Oct. 2022)
- School mapping report from Covalima municipality (Oct 2022)
- Final report and recommendation (Nov 2022)
- (30%) upon submission of deliverables 1 and 2
- (30%) Upon submission of deliverables 3 and 4
- (40%) Upon submission of the Final report
Duration of Appointment: 36 days spread over from September to November 2022
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Bachelor Degree
- A minimum of three years of working experience in the education sector
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset
- Excellent written and oral skills in Tetum
- Fluency in English in writing
For every Child, you demonstrate UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, updated CV and a financial proposal through http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/553505 by 16th July 2022. Consultants will be required to stipulate all-inclusive fees, including transportation cost to municipalities, phone call and internet.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws
- The candidate may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).