Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance/NFI Team Leader
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate is to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 250 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2022 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance/NFI Team Leader (Distribution) to join our team in Poltava.
Overall purpose of the role
- Supervise members in team
- Deliver technical support and guidance to team
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the MPCA and NFI activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s MPCA and NFI activities
Sector responsibilities: NFI item distribution, MPCA distribution, hygiene item distribution, facilitation and trainings on use of items, distribution management
Your main duties will be:
Programming & Operations
• Ensure efficient and effective programme implementation while following the budget and work plan
• Ensure close collaboration with NFI country lead on programme implementation
• Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
• Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
• Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
• Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the MPCA and NFI/support activities
• Ensure daily monitoring of area
• Asses the daily quality
• Provide technical support and inputs
Coordination and representation
• Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on MPCA and NFI relevant issues
• Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
• Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
• Develop project plans and budgets for funding
• Develop projects tools
• Project implementation and reporting
• Monitor and evaluate projects
• Ensure MPCA and NFI SOPs are followed
• Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
• Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
• Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
• Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
• Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
• Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
• Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have minimum 3 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an local or international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority
Required experience and competencies:
- Diploma or relevant university degree (e.g. economics, supply chain, political science, international development, engineering) or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience in MPCA and/or NFI
- Desirable management experience at a mid to senior level with an international NGO
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English and local language
- Field experience
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract: 6 months, with possibility of an extension, depending on funding and performance.
Salary at Band G management and conditions in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Duty station: Poltava
Start date: ASAP