WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title: Ethics Office Consultant, Graphic Designer
Type of Contract: When-Actually Employed (WAE)
Division: ETO – Ethics Office
Duty Station (City, Country): Remote
Duration: 4 months (max. 80 working days)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
To be effective and impactful in Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), the United Nations system recognizes that PSEA efforts resulting in prevention and protection of those we serve must be mainstreamed across the sector with relevant stakeholders. In order to more effectively reach frontline workers and increase the impact of PSEA awareness raising efforts, WFP has been working on an Interagency Project to develop a package that includes relevant simplified awareness and outreach tools on PSEA for contractors/partners/drivers. This package includes highly illustrated animated printed materials as well as multimedia materials. In order to build upon this project, WFP is seeking to develop and implement multilingual multimedia PSEA awareness materials for beneficiaries that are adapted to different geographical regions through provision of accessible information, drawing upon existing WFP led interagency tools.
In this context, the Ethics Office, WFP’s corporate lead on PSEA, requires an experienced and digitally savvy expert with strong graphic design, editing and audio-visual skills who can coordinate and enhance internal and external communication. Candidate should have strong experience in visual/animated story telling, especially on sensitive issues.
The consultant will work under the general supervision of the Senior Advisor, PSEA. The consultant will be expected to research, coordinate, design and validate content in a variety of formats.
- Design and adapt PSEA related highly illustrated, animated multimedia and print materials.
- Working closely with WFP PSEA team, develop branding to ensure alignment with WFP communications guidelines;
- Design publications including flyers, posters and online reports and bulletins, taking advantage of the format to creatively highlight achievements and activities;
- Expand and update promotional items;
- When required, help design information management and communications products in line with branding requirements including factsheets and videos;
- Design marketing collateral for launch/roll out events including banners, posters, flags, t-shirts and work with vendors to ensure quality requirements are met and products are delivered within deadline;
- Provide source files for artwork to ETO as required;
- Any other duties related to graphic work, multimedia content and communications, as require and assigned by ETO/PSEA team.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Production of creative online and print materials aligned with WFP branding guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor's University Degree in Graphic Designer or other relevant discipline.
Experience: 3 – 5 years of work experience in graphic design for print and digital media.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging design trends, including UX UI design.
- Demonstrated ability to lead medium to large design projects, from proposal to final product.
- Detail orientated designer who can make creative decisions with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet tight individual and/or group deadlines.
- Highly organized and efficient, with an attention to detail and excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management and functional teams.
- Graphic and editing programmes including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud and online tools like Canva.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language desirable: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 16 August 2022
Ref.: VA No. 17227
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.