The Livelihoods Volunteer will be responsible for providing technical support in vocational skills training, apprenticeship, skills certification, Urban Savings and Loans Association (USLA), and micro-enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in registration, and preparation of payments for the different service tracks i.e vocational skills training, apprenticeship, skills certification, Urban Savings and Loans Association (USLA), and micro-enterprise in dropin and commcare at the IRC Livelihood Center.
- Support with soft skills trainings for vocational & apprenticeship clients including job readiness.
- Support with USLA group formation and facilitation of trainings on VSLA methodology for USLA formed groups.
- Provide technical backstopping for USLA groups on a weekly basis during group Sittings and collection of weekly/monthly savings data from the USLA groups.
- Identify mature VSLA groups for financial linkages and train them in bank linkage processes.
- Support in monitoring of clients placed with Apprenticeship hosts in the different divisions
- Participate in the M&E data collection and documentation of success stories as required.
- Act as channel for feedback through who community members and leaders can communicate with the IRC during community engagements.
- Identify specific protection needs and preliminary referrals to service providers (both state and humanitarian actors)
- Support with translation/Interpretation for the clients
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Business and Enterprise Development Manager.
Position Indirectly Reports to: Senior Livelihoods Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, VSLA Officer, Cash and Markets Officer, Community and Client Engagement Officer.