Protection Information Management Officer
Protection Information Management Officer
Duty station: Vinnytsia
Key working relationships:
- Position Reports to: Senior Integrated Protection Information Management Officer
- Internal collaborations within IRC: MEAL Manager, Sr Legal officers, Senior Protection and Information Officers, Protection Managers, case workers, community mobilizers, legal officers.
- External collaborations to IRC: Protection partners
The Protection Information Management Officer (IMO) is responsible for obtaining and managing reliable protection information from the field through ongoing coordination, information review and provision of feedback to protection staff. They will analyze quantitative data collected to support in the development protection analysis reports . The IMO will provide guidance to protection teams on how to collect accurate information collection in the field using the relevant tools provided by the IRC.
Specifically, the Protection Information Management Officer will be responsible for:
- Supervise the tracking of disaggregated information on beneficiary numbers and indicators over time from data received from programs; follow-up as needed to ensure data is accurate and complete.
- Translate the information received from the field into English. Language adaptation of standardized tools into local languages.
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of the data into the relevant databases
· Generate regular protection monitoring reports and other data analysis/visualization using IRC developed forms/database
· Generate reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (Statistical & Graphical) only using non-identifiable information.
· Modify existing data tracking sheets and databases according to requirements as led by the Protection Manager and Coordinator
· Maintain CommCare databases and conduct trainings and orientations on the use of the system. Timely update and adjustment of existing data collection tools, according to local context.
- Provide ongoing support to the protection staff data collection and use of protection monitoring forms in the field.
· Analyze qualitative data collected from site visits, focus group discussions, key information visits and other qualitative methods; identify relevant trends and patterns.
- Act as the focal point for follow-up with protection needs assessors where needed.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisors.
Research, Learning and Analysis
· Support the protection managers to develop and implement regular monitoring and evaluation activities for the protection program.
· Ensures quality information management including beneficiary count in coordination with the protection coordinator and the information management team.
Coordination & Representation
· Support the timely information sharing regarding challenges and needs at the field level.
· Language: Bilingual in Ukrainian and Russian and excellent verbal and writing skills in English
· Experience developing and managing databases and conducting statistical analysis and reporting
· Knowledge of and experience with Commcare or similar data collection tools (Kobo Toolbox)
· Excellent reporting skills using Excel and extracting information from the master database and running reports.
· Demonstrated capacity for working effectively in a diverse and multi-disciplinary team environment
· Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel, including creating tables and forms, data analysis, using pivot tables, and charting/visualizing data in dashboard format.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent data entry skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients/beneficiaries
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- High degree of flexibility and strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
· Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel