New York City | York
Hosted by the UN Development Programme (UNDP), the Multi-Partner Trust Fund Office (MPTF Office) is the only United Nations unit exclusively dedicated to the design and administration of multi-stakeholder pooled financing instruments. Since 2003, it has supported over 200 UN-implemented pooled funds, providing an integrated platform of inter-agency pooled fund services to help UN organizations and partners make fast and efficient progress towards collective outcomes, like the 2030 Agenda. The MPTF Office’s current portfolio is over $16 billion in total, with more than $1.8 billion per year in contributions and includes more than 150 active pooled financing mechanisms.
The MPTF Office’s trustee and fund design and administration service is a standard setter in the UN System - professionalized, highly transparent and firewalled from all UN implementing entities. The MPTF Office has put in place a number of tools and systems to support its transparent and accessible fund administration services such as its digital platform the MPTF Office Gateway. As a shared UN service provider, the MPTFO operates in a distinct and dedicated business unit. It provides an integrated service platform that, in addition to core trust fund design and administration functions, provides complementary services to users like data analytics, research administration, and knowledge management.
The office delivers services through 40 – 45 staff and personnel in the fund design and administration function and more than 50 staff and personnel in the fund secretariat function as part of a growing and dynamic office.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Coordinator, the Executive Associate ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Executive Coordinator’s office and MPTFO Directorate, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made. The Executive Associate works in close collaboration with UNDP staff, UN Agencies and Government Representative to ensure the efficient flow of information, actions on instructions and agendas, this will include the following responsibilities and functions listed below.
Ensures professional management of the Directorate high level representation activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Managing the representation schedule and relationships, including engagement with high-ranking external partners including Member States, Contributors, Programme Governments, UN Representatives including ASG and Director levels, Resident Coordinators and other partners
- Managing the engagement and logistics of Executive level representation activities including travel and administration and ensuring that missions and meetings are executed smoothly and guests well received
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials and provision of all needed administrative and logistical support for the Executive Coordinator/Deputy representation activities, meetings, and missions focusing on strategic content accuracy of facts, including drafting, proofreading, and adherence to standard UN correspondence protocols. Efficient and discreet management of the Executive Coordinator’s and Senior Management Team schedules including mission and meeting calendars.
- Developing positive relationships with counterparts and maintenance of communication rosters of high-level partners.
Ensures professional and smooth-running facilitation of the Directorate focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitation of a smooth running MPTFO Directorate, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the office.
- Maintenance of the Executive Coordinator’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings. Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings for the Directorate; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
- Screening of incoming communications and calls, filter outgoing correspondence for signature by appropriate Directorate member, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures, including internal and external communications protocols and adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by office when communicating with Member States, Government and other external partners.
- Drafting and preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of Executive Coordinator and SMT members for their signature or distribution and following-up when required.
Ensures provision of effective administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitates internal office communication protocols and ensures smooth functioning of the office internal communications, including timely handling and tracking of original signatures on legal Trust Fund documents and related correspondence with Members States and Contributors that have not transitioned to e-signatures.
- Organizes internal office events and meetings. Leads logistic support at the event/meeting, provides professional note taking services and accurately maintains written records of meeting. Maintenance of and the use of on-line filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required. Facilitation of information sharing with the units of the office
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Executive Coordinator and Senior Management Team
- Drafts correspondence, interoffice memos, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested for both external and internal audiences.
- Support to organization of advocacy and communication events if required
- Acts as the alternate for the MPTFO Procurement and Administrative Associate for travel and administration and acts as the backup Buyer function
- Complete other tasks as assigned to support implementation of the strategic plan and business continuity of the office
Ensures knowledge sharing and facilitates knowledge building focusing on the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings to staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues
- Set-up and maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date system to document and record internal and external communications and management decisions by the Executive Coordinator and the Senior Management Team
- Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
- Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
- Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
- Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
- Knowledge of intergovernmental bodies (General Assembly, ECOSOC, UNDESA, etc.), including respective mandates, ways of working, and negotiation processes
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs.
Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
Event planning and execution
- Ability to plan, manage and execute of public and private events to ensure that they support and amplify individual communications and advocacy initiatives, as well as UNDP's overall brand and mandate.
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts, principles and policies, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Completion of Secondary Education is required OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, Management Studies or equivalent will be given due consideration
- Minimum seven years (7) with Secondary education or four (4) years with Bachelor’s Degree of relevant experience in providing organisation and administration support to senior level executives (preferably to promote the activities of an international development organization).
- Experience working with member states, contributors, programme governments and Executive level Un representatives strongly desired
- Proven track record in attention to detail and adherence to UN communication protocols.
- Experience in using computers, office software packages, web-based document and data management systems (MS suite)
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of another UN language is a strong asset.