Business Development Support Internship
Home Based - May require travel | we offer both options to work in our offices in copenhagen or remotely
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Unit of Information and Technology Management (ITM) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP ITM Business Development Support internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-life industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context.
Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM U
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve templates/working documents/tools used (e.g. Business Case) for effective decision-making and working processes of teams under ITM Smart Infrastructure Services (ITM SIS).
- Provide marketing support to projects and initiatives of ITM SIS and increase Smart Facilities brand recognition around the UN system by support UNDP Country Offices in developing marketing materials ranging from videos, articles, infographics, posters, banners, brochures, etc.
- Organize, coordinate, and chair internal and external webinars about Smart Facility solutions, give presentations about ITM SIS products and services to external and internal stakeholders of ITM SIS.
- Organize events and workshops all around the topics of Smart Facilities and Sustainable Development
- Review and update the branding of the ITM SIS Smart Facility products.
- Assist in developing ITM SIS’ business development and marketing strategies, reach out to customers and disseminate customer satisfaction survey. Coordinate Performance bi-Annual Review with key vendors; prepare slides and graphs with key takeaways; collect feedback from the vendors.
- Standardize the Green Energy and Smart Infrastructure and Connectivity Unit Service catalog to guarantee professional overview of each services we provide, and continuous improvement. Align the catalog with ISO9001 standards. Design a catalog of the services including costs and service description.
- Support the development of Smart Facility solution packages and pertinent concept notes, briefing notes, brochures, guidelines, etc.
- Conduct market research for projects under Green Energy Team and Smart Infrastructure and Connectivity Unit, identifying trends in the market and key actors
- Develop and maintain external relationships with partners of diverse nature for innovation and business expansion, sourcing opportunities to present ITM SIS services and products in events such as international conferences and exhibitions.
- Provide project management support for ITM SIS teams.
- Manage internal communications between GET and other ITM SIS teams, Assist in HR tasks including recruitment of new interns, organizing onboarding sessions, attending career fairs on behalf of ITM SIS and give presentations, etc.
- Interest in sustainability and more particularly in green energy and smart infrastructure.
- Team Player: Communicates effectively with colleagues when work in a team, willing to share credit with colleagues
- A lot of tasks will come in simultanious hence we require the new intern to have a good time management
- Analyze data in Excel to promote growth, implement KPIs metrics to improve tracking, and enhance visualization into charts (via PowerBI or similar)
- Presentation and branding: Have good commandof Microsoft Office Suite,SharePoint. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro is a strong advantage.
- Growth-oriented mindset: Experience in business development, organization of webinars/events would be appreciated.
- Proactiveness & independence:Ability to work in an independent, project mode and proactively push projects
Required Skills and Experience
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of business development, marketing, development studies, sustainability, communication or equivalent
- Technical knowledge of Adobe Ssuite and experience in visual design is a strong advantage
- Knowledge or experience with specific Office 365 tools (or their consumer equivalents) such as Planner (Trello), Teams (Slack), Yammer (Workplace by Facebook), OneDrive (Dropbox, Google Drive), Power BI (Tableau), etc. is a strong advantage
- SharePoint knowledge, preferably SharePoint Online is an advantage
- Working with gathering, consolidating and analysing either quantitative and qualitative data from databases and reports is an advantage.
- Experience in sales, marketing, project management, customer service, or partnership building would be appreciated. Good communication skills are strongly appreciated.
- Demonstrated professional or academic experience in any of the UNDP Member States is an advantage
- Experience of working in international organizations and NGOs is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English is mandatory. Knowledge of French, Spanish and other UN working languages is an advantage.
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme.
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark.
- The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.