Consultant – Web/Mobile Application Security Specialist, Local (HQ Gaza);
Result of Service
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
¿ The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
¿ Remuneration for this consultancy will be $1,592.60 and depend on fund availability, qualifications, and relevant experience.
¿ The incumbent will be only in Gaza.
• Perform vulnerability assessment for web (.Net/SQL) and mobile (Android/IOS) applications through structured walkthroughs and the use of automated tools.
• Suggest and implement corrective measures for the vulnerabilities that have been identified in coordination with technical application managers.
• Ensure that application security is embedded in the software lifecycle, especially during the early stages of projects during requirement collection and system design.
• Suggest and help in the implementation of automated application security tools.
• Create an application security standards document and related guidelines to observe these standards during application development and operation phases.
• Provide application security training for scrum and support teams.
• Performs other related duties as required.
¿ A university degree or master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology, information management, Information systems, computer science, computer engineering, Software engineering, Business Administration, Management, or other related disciplines;
¿ A minimum of 5 years of experience for a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years for a master’s degree in web and mobile application Security, or related experience.
• Experience in using automated security tools for code analysis and vulnerability scanning.
• Experience in MS Azure DevOps, especially in integrating security tools in DevOps pipelines.
• Knowledge and experience in Agile Development.
• Planning and organizing.
• Apply technical expertise.
• Learning and researching.
¿ Fluent in spoken and written English.
¿ Fluent in spoken and written Arabic.
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is is responsible for one of IMTD’s Software Engineers or Senior Technical Leads. The incumbent will provide specialized expertise in application security and ensure that proper security measures and controls are embedded in the application lifecycle.
The consultant will report administratively to Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarter Gaza.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.