Beirut - Programme Assistant (Livelihoods) SC 5
- This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates only.
- Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This Vacancy Announcement will close on 18 August 2022 at 11:59 PM Rome Time.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (Renewable based on business need and performance)
The Programme Assistant (Livelihoods) is based in the Lebanon Country Office and the incumbent is to report to the Programme Policy Officer (Livelihoods & resilience).
To support effective supervision and implementation of the various Livelihoods and resilience projects undertaken by WFP Lebanon with a multitude of partners and stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Provide support to the Livelihoods & Resilience unit in managing the unit’s portfolio, ensuring that the various activities are performed within the established targets, and are inline following WFP’s policies and procedures
- Support to Livelihoods projects’ portfolio implementation including but not limited to:
- Small-holder farmers through in-kind voucher schemes, and
- Support on the community-based infrastructure creation and natural resource management projects
- Support to MSMEs and capacity building of individuals.
- Support communication and coordination between country office and field offices on implementation, including field-level monitoring, coordination with partners and other stakeholders,
- Conduct field visits as needed in the areas of implementation in coordination with country-office and field-based staff,
- Ensure effective communication and support to the Cooperating Partners, including needed capacity building, ensuring implementation is in-line with WFP’s norms and standards,
- Provide support on routine business methods and practices to colleagues to ensure services are timely delivered and to the required standards,
- Document best practices and lessons learnt from the project for future integration and scaling in the wider Livelihoods Programme,
- Provide support in documentation and reporting for the Livelihoods unit’s programme
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in agriculture, environmental sciences, development, or other field relevant to development assistance is a plus.
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressive experience in agricultural, agro-food related livelihoods, food systems and/or development programming, project management, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), and private sector innovative initiatives’ supporting job.
Prior experience with humanitarian organizations, (UN agencies, NGOs, etc.)is a plus.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in French is an advantage.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role:
- Experience in agriculture, livelihoods, development, and similar project implementation,
- Experience working with NGOs (ideally in emergency and development context),
- Experience in project coordination and/or communication with a multitude of stakeholders,
- Ability to maintain accurate and precise records, well organized,
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate communication with teams including ability to contribute to the effective implementation of programmes and policy discussions,
- Dedicated and reliable professional,
- Detail and results oriented with a positive work attitude,
- Team player