Under the guidance of the Senior Human Rights Officer-AUCF and direct supervision of the Deputy Project Coordinator (HRO, P4), the incumbent will provide safe driving services to the AUCF Project Team and other relevant stakeholders and high profile visitors as required with the highest standards of discretion, integrity and responsibility. The Driver must have excellent knowledge of security issues and a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The driver works in close collaboration with OHCHR/UNDP and national authorities to ensure safe and reliable transportation and protocol services as required. In doing all this he/she ensures the maintenance of the profile, dignity and confidentiality of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Provides reliable and safe driving of the AUCF Project vehicle for the transport of staff members, high ranking officials and official visitors, delivering and collecting mails, documents and other items thereby contributing to the smooth implementation of the project;
- Ensures that annual vehicle inspections and registration are made in time and the inspection registration certificates are stuck in clear visible areas for identification;
- Ensures that the Project vehicle possesses logbooks and ensures that they are properly filled;
- Implements the OHCHR-EARO fuel monitoring system and evaluates the usage of fuel consumption and maintains stocks and balances;
- Handles and ensures annual renewal of vehicle insurance policy;
- Ensures the following procedures have been finalized and authorized for private usage of the vehicle:
- Authorization by the Senior Human Rights Officer-AUCF Project Coordinator;
- Kilometer reading before and after the use of vehicles for personal use and drivers’ hour (if any) be recorded by Admin Staff for processing with finance to effect the appropriate mileage charges using the prevailing rate;
- Maintain a copy of all authorizations and mileage made for unofficial use in separate file for periodic checking.
- Maintain proper records on repair and maintenance costs of vehicle for review of management for budget preparation and quarterly revision of annual cost plans and decision for equipment replacement;
- Provide transport for high-level missions as and when required;
- Liaise with officials/owners of local garages to obtain information with regard to cost of parts;
- Assist in the routine procurement of vehicle spare parts, office supplies and stationeries, settlement of telephone and other bills, repair/maintenance of the Project equipment and furniture, follow up clearing goods/items from the customs;
- Perform any other duties as and whenever requested by the Project Management Team.
The driver will directly report to the Senior Human Rights Officer.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
Planning and Organizing
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments;
- adjusts priorities as required;
- allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfill and understand the real customers’ needs Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests Ability to participate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary school Education, driver’s license, and knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Minimum 3 years driving experience.
- Knowledge of fleet management and safe driving record is an asset.
- Demonstrates commitment to OHCHR-EARO mission, vision and values.
- Displays integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.