Senior Talent Acquisition / Recruiter - Brussels, Belgium
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and the protection of the medical mission.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Role and responsibilities
Geneva Call is a small sized organization, yet in a phase of significant growth: recruitment is a main priority for the HR function. The Senior Talent Acquisition / Recruiter is responsible to develop and execute talent acquisition strategies by partnering with key stakeholders to meet current and future resourcing demands for the organization globally.
The jobholder will manage the end-to-end recruitment process for open job positions, including working closely with HR and the hiring managers on finalizing the search profile and scope; internal and external talent identification; candidate management; providing ongoing feedback to all stakeholders; hiring talent and supporting the on-boarding process.
The role currently has a strong operational delivery focus; the desire is to transition it to a more strategic outlook, and to build-up Talent Acquisition as a function in the HR team. The ideal candidate is comfortable to manage a high load of hiring until the desired future state will be reached; the ideal candidate is also committed and capable in delivering continuous improvements to the process, system, and tools.
- Support and partner with internal stakeholders to define the search profile, job descriptions and scope of assigned job requisitions.
- Manage the candidate experience from first to last contact, including introducing Geneva Call and the role; organising interviews; providing feedback to candidates; and making offers.
- Implement competency based interviewing techniques.
- Ensure high-quality recruitment services and successful delivery of key performance indicators, such as response times, time-to-hire, candidate satisfaction, retention rate, etc.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of all recruitment activities and candidate CV’s.
- Pro-actively develop talent mapping and build talent pools responding to the upcoming talent needs.
- Stay informed of external market trends and recruiting techniques. Build ongoing external networks and future candidate slates.
- Conduct internal and external talent searches, if needed, for assigned job requisitions; pro-active approach candidates who are currently not actively looking for roles.
Qualification / Requirement
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree and 8+ years of Talent Acquisition experience, managing high volume and full-lifecycle recruitment requests.
- Experience from working in a humanitarian / non-profit environment and a complex & volatile context is preferable.
- Previous agency or search firm experience is relevant and will be considered.
- Experience working in an English and French speaking, international fast-moving environment.
- Proficient in full suite of Microsoft Suite of products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Familiarity and experience in utilizing social media as a means by which to attract talent.
- Proven ability to influence internal clients & hiring teams on staffing-related decisions, providing a value adding point of view relative to candidate consideration and organizational need.
- Displays a strong level of professional maturity.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Readiness to travel.
Competencies & personality
- Ability to collaborate and work remotely.
- Being able to work independently and set priorities, high sense of accountability.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to details.
- Strong communications skills and a strong work ethic and attitude.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to be flexible and able to deal with change in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix structure.
- Capacity to handle insecure environments.
- Good at building relationships with all key stakeholders and establish internal and external networks.
- Ease and ability to work with senior stakeholders and competing demands.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the GC Performance Management p. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : Senior Talent Acquisition / Recruiter
- Report to Head of HR
- Type of Contract: Open ended contract (local contract as per Belgium law)
- Activity rate: 100%, permanent position
- Duty station: Brussels, Belgium (Belgium/EU work permit is required)
- Travel: 30%
- Preferred start date: As soon as possible
To apply please follow the link:
No later than August 28th, 2022.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.