HR Analyst, Regional Offices and Staff Committee
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of HR Analyst to work in the Human Resources Unit, under the Corporate Services Program.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support staffing plans of the regional offices, including internal mobility and recruitment needs.
- Conduct and support Locally Recruited Staff – Regional Offices (LRS-RO) recruitments in representation of the HR Manager where necessary in coordination with the recruitment function and the country HR representatives
- Responsible for the execution of all HR administrative services related to the Local Staff in Regional Offices and consultants.
- Support when requested the preparation and issuance of offer letters, employment contracts and any other document related to the working conditions and/or compensation of LRS-RO staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely enrollment of LRS-RO and dependents to CIMMYT’s insurance plans.
- Ensure insurance related administrative processes are followed timely.
- Contribute to interdepartmental coordination in HQs and Regional Offices as and when required.
- Maintain accuracy of all LRS-RO data in the Human Resources Information System with high level of attention to detail, in coordination with HR representatives in the regional offices.
- Support initiatives on HR communication and systems for regional offices and any other HR development initiative where necessary.
- Ensure personal files are maintained and kept current at country level. Provide training and support when necessary. Contribute to training and other Talent Management initiatives for LRS-RO as required in coordination with the training function and country HR representatives.
- Support staff wellness initiatives for personnel in Regional Offices related to the Local Staff in Regional Offices and consultants.
- Work closely with the LRS-RO staff to improve work relationships.
- Monitor Performance Improvement Plans for LRS-RO where applicable.
- Support the on and off boarding process for LRS-RO.
- Analyze trends and metrics of the HR service sin regional offices.
- Implement policies in strict compliance with the applicable HR policies and relevant regulations related to the Local Staff in Regional Offices and consultants.
- Provide HR policy guidance to LRS-RO.
- Propose to the HR Manager HR process improvements where possible (strategies, policies, and practices for the LRS-RO Administration team).
- Support Management in the revision of all LRS-RO related HR policies.
- Support the HR initiatives for CIMMYT’s RO staff and consultants.
- Provide general administrative and organizational support to the RO HR team.
- Provide other support as required and perform other duties directed by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- BA/BS in Administration, Human Resources, International Relations or related field, with relevant experience, preferably in a multinational environment.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in HR administration in a global environment.
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity. Exposure to other cultures will be an advantage.
- Assertiveness, proactive problem-solving attitude, strong teamwork, and results orientation;
- Excellent command of Spanish and English
- Proficient computer skills (at a minimum: Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat) and willingness to learn/master other programs and software as necessary.
- Highly desirable advanced level of English. English will be tested, and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Communication, Client Orientation, Teamwork and Problem Solving and Decision Making and Negotiation and conflict Resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22178_HR Analyst, Regional Offices and Staff Committee.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Valeria Galicia [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.