Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a qualified and motivated qualified and motivated EORE Facilitator.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement affected populations based on humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs, and host populations both within Ukraine and the neighboring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova, and wider Europe.
Due to the ongoing conflict that began in February 2022, DRC opened offices in Poland, Moldova, and Romania to provide support to the displaced population in partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers, and other actors. DRC continues to implement in these three countries through partnerships, technical assistance and capacity exchange, and direct implementation in some cases.
About the Job
The role of the EORE (Explosive Ordnance Risk Education) Facilitator/Assistant will be to conduct EORE sessions in communities to raise awareness of the dangers posed by Explosive Hazards and reduce the number of accidents caused by these hazards.
- Provide EORE sessions in affected communities, with a focus on returnees.
- Function as an interviewer during assessments of targeted communities.
- Function as a data collector in targeted communities
- Before any EORE team deploys, ensure to have the information specific to the area provided by the EORE Team Leader/EORE Programme Manager.
- Obtain (If available) all appropriate survey data from official government bodies (Government /Police/Military) and community key informants in operations.
- Keep records of daily, weekly, and monthly activities.
- Report progress daily to the Team Leader.
- Establish and maintain Liaison with local authorities and the community.
- Maintain a good discipline within the team and coordinate with other DRC (DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL) colleagues.
- Be responsible for equipment and EORE training material conditions and quantities designated for the team.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Conduct additional EORE trainings or re-training as required.
- Conduct any other relevant training planned by the organization.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a minimum of 1 year of relevant, proven work experience within an international humanitarian or development organization in a complex, fast-changing, and volatile context. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree, preferably in sociology/social sciences/teaching.
- Experience working in education/social work.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian is mandatory.
- Knowledge of the local language will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English will be considered an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: August 2022 - February 2023, with the possibility of extension depending on funding.
Band: Non-Management, I
Duty base: 2 in Warsaw, 2 in Lublin (with travel across the country)
Start date: ASAP
Number of positions: 4
We offer a competitive salary and benefits in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: August 19th, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: