Global Supply Chain Process and Capability Associate
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You offer and nurture unique expertise and tools to all value streams across the Supply Chain division to achieve and sustain excellence. You ensure that the required processes and people capabilities are in place to help deliver the end-to-end Supply Chain objectives.
You will report to the Global Supply Chain Capability Lead
- Develop an External Loss Prevention Strategy, scaled by program size for warehouses, procurement stores and POS outlets:
- Identify context- and cost- appropriate security measures
- Develop a risk analysis matrix
- Design and implement monthly security audit procedures
- Develop an Anti-Fraud Strategy, focused on high-risk annual activities (input reception, distribution, repackaging):
- Establish an anti-fraud checklist
- Manage monthly reconciliations from all countries
- Create quarterly report cards and recommendations for purchasing teams and country programs
- Be a liaison with the Internal Audit team
- Loss Prevention Special Projects, such as:
- Research and develop tech solutions for inventory protection during distributions
- Design an Inventory Security starter kit for pilot programs
- Develop trainings for shrink awareness and prevention in warehouses, procurement stores and POS outlets.
- Content development and rollout via in-country teams - Travel around East Africa to implement projects and monitor adherence to policies.
- Academy-style initial onboarding and nurturing capability growth:
- Build and coach a team of warehouse and logistics professionals.
- Research a network of 3rd party service providers in transportation, warehousing, and quality management to upskill our staff in areas of work critical to program and company-wide priorities.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- At least 3 years of experience in procurement, operations or supply chain management
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply/Demand Planning or a related field
- Experience with SAP ERP or related systems
- Experience performing risk analysis, audit or independent advice services in more than one country
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary by role. We are adapting to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your confirming a start date.
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
23 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Once a month, you'll receive a roundup of our latest news and job opportunities.
Help us personalize your experience by telling us a little about yourself.